While using Windows 10, you may often get some errors related to sound. One of the errors related to sound in Windows 10 is an error that says
“Another App is controlling your sound at the moment…”
This error asks you to close that app which is using your sound if you want to hear the sound on another app.
The cause of getting this error is, another app or software on your system is using your system’s sound at that moment, and which is not apparently showing to you. And you are not able to identify which app is using your sound at the moment, or may be due to any virus or corrupted files, your system settings of audio devices have been changed. To resolve this issue, I have gathered the few solutions that will solve the issues of the sound of your machine.
Table of contents
Restart the Audio Driver
The first solution you can apply is to restart your audio driver to give it a fresh start again. This will make your audio driver boost and work better than before as it gets restarted. For this, go with below steps.
- Open “Device Manager” by typing it in the Start menu.
- Expand the option of “Sound, video, game controller”, and right-click on “High Definition audio driver”. Disable it for the moment.
- And after disabling, enable the driver after a minute.
- Close all open windows and open your required app and check if you can now hear the sound.
Stop and Restart the Audio Service
Windows is running many services in the background, one of them is sound service. To avoid this error, you may restart your system sound service.
- Open Run dialog by pressing “Windows+R” key, and type “services.msc”.
- Now Services window will open, look for “Windows Audio” service in the list. Select the option of Stop, then Restart it.
Uninstall the Windows Update KB2962407
If you get this error frequently then you should make sure KB2962407 is not installed on your computer. The Windows Update KB2962407 which was released in June 2014, is a major cause of creating sound issues. Many users who have installed this update faced the sound issue on their systems. So if you are also getting the sound issue, then uninstall the update. For this, go with below steps.
- Open Run dialog by pressing “Windows +R” key and enter the “appwiz.cpl”.
- Go to the option of “View Installed Updates”.
- Now you will have a list of all updates you have installed on your system. Find the update of “KB2962407”.
- Right click on update and select the option of “Uninstall”. The un-installation process will start and complete in a few minutes.
- Restart your system once to apply the changes properly.
Hopefully, after the uninstallation, you will not face any issue regarding sound and audio of your system.
Run audio troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a built-in audio troubleshooter that will run to troubleshoot any audio issues and then try to fix it automatically. You can simply run a command to run the audio troubleshooter.
- Open Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type the following command.
“msdt.exe / id AudioPlaybackDiagnostic”
- This will take a few minutes to run and identify the issues. You don’t need to fix the issues. The troubleshooter will fix it automatically for you.
These all are possible simple solutions that will guide you to remove the error of “Another App Is Controlling Your Sound At The Moment”. If you need further assistance regarding this issue, kindly comment below, we’ll try to solve your issue promptly.
- 4 Ways to Fix “File Explorer has Stopped Working” Error in Windows 10
- Fix: Laptop High Pitched Sound Problem Through The Speakers And Headphones
- 3 Ways To Repair Apps In Windows 11/10
- Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes Error Fix
- How To Fix “No Audio Output Device is Installed” Error