AMD released the Adrenalin graphics driver version 23.10.1 just last week. However, due to the severity of the encountered issues, AMD has recalled, or withdrawn that driver and released a hotfix for the users who had already upgraded.
According to AMD’s reports, the Adrenalin driver 23.10.1 was triggering anti-cheat bans across various games when the AMD Anti-Lag+ technology was enabled. To mitigate the issue, AMD has temporarily halted support for Anti-Lag+ across all games, and at the moment, no games are supported until the issue is permanently fixed.
AMD is actively working with game developers on a solution to re-enable Anti-Lag+ and support them in reinstating gamers who were impacted by the anti-cheat bans.AMD
Meanwhile, for the users who have already upgraded their drivers, you can download and install the AMD Adrenalin driver 23.10.2 using the offline installer provided below, and continue to game as usual without any chances of a ban caused by the Anti-Lag+ technology.
- Driver version: 23.10.2
- Driver size: 641 MB/ 1.2 GB (for Vega)
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11, Windows 10 (x64) version 1809 and later
- Release Date: 17th October 2023
Download AMD Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.10.2
If you have supported AMD hardware on your PC, then you can download AMD Adrenalin Graphics Driver Edition 23.10.2 for Windows 10 and 11 by clicking on the link below:
You can check the list of supported hardware from the section given below in this post. Note that the older hardware is still on AMD Adrenalin graphics driver 23.9.3.
Once downloaded, simply execute the package and follow the on-screen installation wizard instructions to install the driver.
New in AMD Adrenalin 23.10.2
Here is the complete changelog for the Adrenalin 23.10.2 graphics driver:
Fixes and improvements
The following list of improvements and fixes are included in this update:
- [New game support]
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage
- The Lords of the Fallen
- Forza Motorsport
- [New] Intermittent app crash in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II when Radeon Anti-Lag is enabled.
- The intermittent app crash while playing Starfield on Radeon RX 7000 Series Graphics Products has been fixed.
- Intermittent driver crashes while playing Counter-Strike 2 with MSAA or FSR enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon RX 7900 XTX. is now fixed
- Improvements to stutter experienced while playing Counter-Strike 2 are addressed.
- EA SPORTS FC 24 failing to open on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon RX 7800 XT, is now fixed.
- System freeze or black screen when playing video files on Radeon RX 6000 Series Graphics Products is addressed.
- The display freezing after changing the encoding format while streaming select games with AMD Link is fixed.
AMD has also released a list of the known issues with this update:
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
- Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
- Corruption may be observed in Forza Motorsport when RT is enabled.
- Intermittent flickering may be briefly observed in Total War: Pharaoh’s menus after changing graphics settings.
To read more about this release. refer to the Release Notes for AMD Adrenalin 23.10.2.
Supported Radeon hardware
The GPUs listed below are supported by AMD Adrenalin driver version 23.10.2:
- [Radeon Product Compatibility]
- Radeon RX 7900/7800/7700/7600 Series Graphics
- Radeon RX 6900/6800/6700/6600/6500/6400 Series Graphics
- Radeon RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics
- [Mobility Radeon Product Compatibility]
- AMD Radeon RX 6800M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6700M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6600M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6500M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6300M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics
How to check your graphics card (GPU)
If you are not sure which dedicated GPU you have on your computer, here is a way to check it:
Press the CTRL + Shift + Esc shortcut keys to open the Task Manager.
Switch to the “Performance” tab.
Click on the “GPU” sub-tab.
Here, you will find the name of your graphics card written in the top-right corner of the Task Manager.
There are also other ways to check GPU details.
Uninstall AMD Adrenalin software
The Adrenalin software is not only a driver but also a standalone software that helps you control the GPU. You can remove the software from your PC if it is not needed. Here is how:
Press the Windows Key + R shortcut keys to open the Run Command box.
Type in “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open the Programs & Features applet.
Look for AMD Software, right-click it, and then click “Uninstall.”
The uninstallation wizard will now launch.
Click “Uninstall” at the bottom of the window and the wizard will do the rest.
When uninstalled, click “Restart.”
After the restart, the software will be removed from your computer.
If you have already upgraded to the AMD Adrenalin graphics driver version 23.10.1, then it is strongly advised that you upgrade your version to 23.10.2 to mitigate encountering any issues with Anti-Lag+.
Moreover, as you may notice, this driver update includes the same fixes and improvements as the last faulty release, except for the added Anti-Lag+ support for any games. This is because the previous driver 23.10.1 was recalled and removed from the market.
That being said, the AMD Adrenalin driver 23.10.2 is released in 2 variants: one for the regular GPUs and the other for the Vega and Polaris series GPUs. The latter is significantly larger in size; almost twice as much as the regular driver. Therefore, it is recommended that you only download it if you have the specified hardware.
AMD Adrenalin Driver History
|Driver Version||Release Date||Significant Changes||Announcement|
|23.30.13.01||29-Nov-23||Includes support for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.30.13.01|
|23.11.1||1-Nov-23||Supports new games including Modern Warfare 3 (and more), includes support for Adrenalin Boost in Alan Wake 2, and fixes flickering, crashing, and FPS issues in a few games||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.11.1|
|23.10.2||17-Oct-23||Removes Anti-Lag+ support for all games as it caused anti-cheat bans||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.10.2|
|23.10.1||12-Oct-23||Support for The Lords of the Fallen, Forza Motorsport, and Assassin’s Creed Mirage|
Update: Caused anti-cheat bans because of Anti-Lag+ support across several game titles; recalled from the market.
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.10.1|
|23.9.3||23-Sep-23||Support for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty and PAYDAY 3||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.9.3|
|23.9.2||20-Sep-23||Supports Lies of P, Party Animals, and The Crew Motorfest, addition of game titles to Antilag+ support, fixes several known issues||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.9.2|
|23.9.1||6-Sep-23||Introduces Anti-Lag and Anti-Lag+, Boost supports Anti-Lag, introduces HYPR-RX||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.9.1|
|23.8.2||31-Aug-23||– Includes support for Starfield with 60% performance improvement on certain hardware|
– Fixes app crash and driver timeout in Baldur’s Gate 3
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.8.2|
|23.8.1||21-Aug-23||– Includes support for Immortals of Aveum|
– Fixes performance drop issues for several titles
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.8.1|
|23.7.2||25-Jul-23||– Fixes high GPU memory utilization|
– Fixes loss of display signal on certain Adaptive-Sync devices
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.7.2|
|17-Jun-23||Includes support for F1 23.||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 22.40.57.06 and 23.10.01.37|
|23.5.2||2-Jun-23||Support for Diablo IV, two-fold performance improvement for Microsoft Olive Optimized DirectML Stable Diffusion 1.5||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.5.2|
|23.4.1||4-Apr-23||Support for Meet Your Maker, optimization for The Last of US Part 1, video playback fixes||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.4.1|
|23.3.2||23-Mar-23||Support for Resident Evil 4 Remake, The Last Of Us Part 1, fixes game crashes and issues with Performance Metrics Overlay||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.3.2|
|23.3.1||7-Mar-23||Support for Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, Halo Infinite Ray Tracing Update, fixes BSoD and freezing errors||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.3.1|
|23.2.2||22-Feb-23||Support added for Atomic Heart, Company of Heroes||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.2.2|
|23.2.1||15-Feb-23||– Support added for Forspoken, Dead Space|
– Multiple game performance optimizations
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.2.1|