The AMD Adrenalin graphics driver has been updated to version 23.8.2. This update includes support for a new gaming title and another performance improvement during gameplay. With those, it also includes several known issues that you ought to consider before installing the AMD Adrenalin 23.8.2 WHQL graphics driver.
If you are a hardcore gamer with an AMD graphics card, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest driver for maximum stability and performance gains using the direct download links shared below.
On this page
- Driver version: 23.8.2
- Driver size: 625 MB
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11, Windows 10 (x64) version 1809 and later
- Release Date: 31st August 2023
Download AMD Adrenalin 23.8.2
If you have supported AMD hardware on your PC, then you can download AMD Adrenalin Graphics Driver Edition 23.8.2 for Windows 10 and 11 by clicking on the link below:
You can check the list of supported hardware from the section given below in this post.
Once downloaded, simply execute the package and follow the on-screen installation wizard instructions to install the driver.
New in AMD Adrenalin 23.8.2
Here is the complete changelog for the Adrenalin 23.8.2 graphics driver:
Fixes and Improvements
The following list of improvements and fixes are included in this update:
- Includes support for the new title “Starfield” with the following improvements:
- Up to 16% increase in performance for Starfield @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.8.2 on the Radeon RX 7900XTX and 7900XT GPUs.
- Application crash or driver timeout experienced while playing Baldur’s Gate 3 with DirectX 11 API set on certain systems with Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs is fixed.
With these fixes, AMD has also announced that it is working with the game developers of Starfield to resolve an intermittent driver timeout or visual corruption issue when Dynamic Resolution is set to 75-78% with certain ultra-wide monitors. Users experiencing this issue should adjust the Dynamic Resolution option as a temporary workaround.
AMD has also released a list of the known issues with this update:
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
- Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
- The display may not reach the correct brightness with certain games on some SAMSUNG FreeSync Premium Pro displays and TVs when local dimming is enabled.
To read more about this release. refer to the Release Notes.
Supported Radeon hardware
The GPUs listed below are supported by AMD Adrenalin driver version 23.8.1:
- Radeon RX 7900/7600 Series Graphics
- Radeon RX 6900/6800/6700/6600/6500/6400 Series Graphics
- Radeon RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics
- Radeon VII
- Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo
- Radeon RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics
- Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6800M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6700M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6600M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6500M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6300M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics
- AMD Radeon 600 Series Graphics
How to check your graphics card (GPU)
If you are not sure which dedicated GPU you have on your computer, here is a way to check it:
Press the CTRL + Shift + Esc shortcut keys to open the Task Manager.
Switch to the “Performance” tab.
Click on the “GPU” sub-tab.
Here, you will find the name of your graphics card written in the top-right corner of the Task Manager.
There are also other ways to check GPU details.
Uninstall AMD Adrenalin software
The Adrenalin software is not only a driver but also a standalone software that helps you control the GPU. You can remove the software from your PC if it is not needed. Here is how:
Press the Windows Key + R shortcut keys to open the Run Command box.
Type in “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open the Programs & Features applet.
Look for AMD Software, right-click it, and then click “Uninstall.”
The uninstallation wizard will now launch.
Click “Uninstall” at the bottom of the window and the wizard will do the rest.
When uninstalled, click “Restart.”
After the restart, the software will be removed from your computer.
AMD’s both GPUs and CPUs are giving tough competition to its competitors, like Intel and Nvidia. It is now down to you, the user, to select which one you want for your setup. Whether it is needed for gaming purposes or graphical rendering, your preferred choice of GPU should match its purpose.
That said, we always recommend that you update your drivers regularly as they include both security and non-security features. The AMD Adrenalin 23.8.2 addresses several standing issues but simultaneously introduces new ones. However, it does include fixes and improvements for specific games and settings.
AMD Adrenalin Driver History
|Driver Version||Release Date||Significant Changes||Announcement|
|23.9.3||23-Sep-23||Support for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty and PAYDAY 3||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.9.3|
|23.9.2||20-Sep-23||Supports Lies of P, Party Animals, and The Crew Motorfest, addition of game titles to Antilag+ support, fixes several known issues||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.9.2|
|23.9.1||6-Sep-23||Introduces Anti-Lag and Anti-Lag+, Boost supports Anti-Lag, introduces HYPR-RX||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.9.1|
|23.8.2||31-Aug-23||– Includes support for Starfield with 60% performance improvement on certain hardware|
– Fixes app crash and driver timeout in Baldur’s Gate 3
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.8.2|
|23.8.1||21-Aug-23||– Includes support for Immortals of Aveum|
– Fixes performance drop issues for several titles
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.8.1|
|23.7.2||25-Jul-23||– Fixes high GPU memory utilization|
– Fixes loss of display signal on certain Adaptive-Sync devices
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.7.2|
|17-Jun-23||Includes support for F1 23.||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 22.40.57.06 and 23.10.01.37|
|23.5.2||2-Jun-23||Support for Diablo IV, two-fold performance improvement for Microsoft Olive Optimized DirectML Stable Diffusion 1.5||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.5.2|
|23.4.1||4-Apr-23||Support for Meet Your Maker, optimization for The Last of US Part 1, video playback fixes||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.4.1|
|23.3.2||23-Mar-23||Support for Resident Evil 4 Remake, The Last Of Us Part 1, fixes game crashes and issues with Performance Metrics Overlay||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.3.2|
|23.3.1||7-Mar-23||Support for Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, Halo Infinite Ray Tracing Update, fixes BSoD and freezing errors||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.3.1|
|23.2.2||22-Feb-23||Support added for Atomic Heart, Company of Heroes||AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.2.2|
|23.2.1||15-Feb-23||– Support added for Forspoken, Dead Space|
– Multiple game performance optimizations
|AMD announces Adrenalin Graphics Driver 23.2.1|