AMD has recently released an update for its Ryzen processors. This is a chipset driver whose highlight is its support for the upcoming Windows 11 22H2 (Windows 11 version 2022) operating system which is to be released soon.
OEMs are now including support for the anticipated Windows 11 version before the actual release so that the end-users have their devices ready and do not run into any problems at the time of the upgrade.
With that, there are also a few known issues with this chipset driver update. Let us take a look at those as well, and then you may proceed to download and install the driver.
Improvements and Issues in Ryzen 4.08.09.2337 Chipset Driver
As noted earlier, there is only one improvement in this update, which is the inclusion of support for Windows 11 version 2022. However, AMD has listed a few known issues as well.
The following issues have been documented by AMD:
- Sometimes custom install fails to upgrade to the latest drivers.
- Text alignment issues may be seen in the Russian language.
- A manual system restart is required on Non-English operating systems after the installation is complete.
- Windows Installer pop-up message may appear during the installation.
- Uninstall summary log may incorrectly show uninstall status as a fail on non-English OS.
Download AMD Ryzen 4.08.09.2337 Chipset Driver
Although Windows automatically offers the latest chipset drivers when they are available through Windows Update. However, they often do not include the latest ones. This is why it is better to get the latest driver directly from the manufacturer’s website. Click on the link below to download the driver with Windows 11 22H2 support:
How to Install AMD Ryzen Chipset Driver
Once you have downloaded the driver, installing it is like installing any piece of software. Here are the steps:
- Double-click on the downloaded driver to execute it and launch the installation wizard.
- In the wizard, you will be asked to select the supported drivers to be installed, where all of them will be selected by default. Click Install to begin the process.
- The chipset driver will now install. When it completes, click Restart to finalize the installation.
If you need more support whilst installing the driver, refer to this AMD Ryzen installation guide.
If your system is currently running Windows 11, or are planning to upgrade to it (provided it meets the minimum system requirements), and have a Ryzen processor, then we suggest that you install this chipset driver update even before Microsoft releases Windows 11 22H2.
This way, you won’t end up with bugs and support issues when the update installs.