Push Notifications is a wonderful feature which lets the users get instant notifications from a specific site inside the browser. The most important use of push notifications can be new email notification if you are using web mail. But this can also become annoying if the sites keep popping up the ask dialog of push notifications again and again. Check out how to disable push notifications in your browser.
A lot of people do not use this feature at all. They can completely disable push notifications from their browsers. After turning off the push notifications, you will not get any option to subscribe to a website through push notifications.
Let’s learn step by step on how to disable push notifications in Google Chrome first.
Disable push notifications in Chrome
Google Chrome gives a much better approach to disabling push notifications than Firefox. You can allow or block specific sites and you can also disable push notifications altogether in Chrome. Let’s start:
- Enter the following command in the address-bar
- Under Notifications, toggle the option “Ask before sending (recommended)” to grey.
Changes are saved automatically in Chrome and the changes are instant.
Disable push notifications in Firefox
- Open Chrome browser and enter the following command in the address-bar
It will show a warning about voiding the warranty. Press “I accept the risk” button.
- In the search field, type dom.push.enabled
- The default value of this variable is set to true. Right-click the variable and select “Toggle”. This will change the value to false.
Changes are saved automatically. You do not need to hit the save button or anything and the effect are immediate.
Disable push notifications in Opera
- Open Opera browser and go to Opera Menu –> Settings.
- Under Website section –> Notifications, select ” Do not allow any site to show Desktop notifications”
Disable push notifications in Vivaldi
As always, Vivaldi makes it harder for finding the settings and sometimes the settings are in odd places.
- Open Vivaldi browser and go to the following URL:
- Select Notifications
- Toggle to disable “Ask before sending (recommended)”. The toggle button should be grayed out.
Must Read Articles:
- Disable Hardware Acceleration In Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Vivaldi
- What is Adblock Warning Removal List And How To Add It In Your Browser
- Fix: This Site Can’t Be Reached Error In Google Chrome
- Opera 56 Stable Version Direct Download Links for All Operating Systems
- Copy URLs Of All Open Tabs In All Browsers [Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE]