Google Chrome 73 is available for download and installation. If you have already installed the software, you may upgrade it using the techniques discussed below. Or you can download offline installers of the latest Chrome browser from the links given in this article.
Google Chrome is the most widely used web browser on the Internet. It is a cross-platform browser which can run on multiple Operating Systems like Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android and iOS.
- 1 Check for the installed version of Chrome
- 2 Update Google Chrome to the latest version
- 3 Download and install Chrome automatically
- 4 Download Chrome without a browser
- 5 Download Chrome latest version
- 6 Previous Versions
- 7 Removing/Uninstalling Google Chrome
TIP: If you are looking for an alternative to Chrome, you may try out the Firefox browser.
Check for the installed version of Chrome
If you want to check which version of the browser is installed on your device, Go to Help –> About Google Chrome. The window should display the version of Chrome currently installed on your computer.
If you are using Windows 10, you can check the Chrome version using Apps and Features.
- Open Apps and Features from Settings (Windows key + X + F)
- Search for Chrome
- Click on the Google Chrome listing and it should display the complete version number.
Update Google Chrome to the latest version
Using Google Update
To check for new updates of the browser, follow the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the vertical three dots at the top right of the window. This will open the Chrome menu.
- Under the menu, go to Help –> About Google Chrome. This will trigger Google Update and will check for new updates automatically.
You can open the same help window by opening the following in the address bar:
Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Google Chrome installer from below given links and run it. It will automatically update the installation to the latest version.
Download and install Chrome automatically
Chrome can also be downloaded and installed automatically (silent installation). For this, you can use automatic installation services. My personal favorite is ninite.com. For automatic download and installation of Chrome, download the executable below and it will automatically do the job for you. It’s very useful for automatic unattended installations.
Just download and run. It will do everything else automatically.
Download Chrome without a browser
If you are using Windows 10, you can run the following command in PowerShell to download the latest version of Chrome without using a web browser:
iwr -outf chrome-latest.exe https://www.itechtics.com/?dl_id=54
This will download the 64-bit version of Google Chrome. For 32-bit, use the following link:
For MacOS and Linux, you can use the wget command to download Chrome in command-line mode.
Download Chrome latest version
Download Google Chrome Offline Installer for Windows 64-bit [Latest Version] (53.0 MiB, 3,949 hits)
Download Google Chrome Offline Installer for Windows 32-bit [Latest Version] (52.0 MiB, 2,373 hits)
Download: Google Chrome MSI Installer [Enterprise Edition]
Download: Google Chrome for Android
Download: Google Chrome for iOS
Download: Google Chrome Portable
Download: Google Chrome Software Removal Tool
If you are looking for other editions of Chrome, you can download beta, dev and canary editions from here.
If you want to download a previous version of Chrome, you can do it using the links given below:
Google Chrome 72 Offline Installer 32-bit [51.38 MB]
Google Chrome 72 Offline Installer 64-bit [52.47 MB]
Google Chrome 71 Offline Installer 32-bit [50.95 MB]
Google Chrome 71 Offline Installer 64-bit [51.75 MB]
Google Chrome 70 Offline Installer 32-bit [49.84 MB]
Google has removed installers of older versions of Chrome. So if you want to download a particularly older browser, you should check out other download sites which host a copy of the browser on their servers.
Removing/Uninstalling Google Chrome
If you encounter any issue with the latest version of Chrome or if you have installed the beta version of Chrome, you may want to uninstall it completely from your system using the Chrome Removal tool.
Must Read Articles:
- Google Chrome Offline Installers All Builds(Stable, Beta, Dev, Canary)
- Download Java 8 Update 171 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Java 8 Update 191 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Download Java 8 Update 91 Offline Installers
- Java 8 Update 141 Offline Installers