How To Delete Auto-Fill Entries In Google Chrome
Auto-fill is a feature of Google Chrome that automatically fills your information in some dialogue boxes. Like for example if you used your email ID or password to log in a site and save that information, next time when you want to log in that site it gives you the option of just clicking the auto-fill recommendation that shows up and it fills your email ID and password automatically without you having to manually enter it. It is also helpful when filling certain forms.
But sometimes you have changed the information and haven’t updated or saved in your browser and these wrong auto-fills show up or what if a friend of yours used your laptop and now the auto-fill shows his information. So in this case you can simply delete the auto-fills in your Chrome browser. Following are the steps that will help you through this process:
Delete all auto-fill entries from Google Chrome
Follow the instructions below to delete auto-fill entries in Google Chrome.
- Open web browser and go to Chrome settings (the three dots on the top-right corner of the browser)
- Go to more tools –> Clear Browsing History
- It will open a dialogue box. Go to advanced options, select the time span i.e. is since when you want to clear the auto-fill data (select all time to clear all the data since you started using Chrome)
- Now click the checkbox of auto-fill and click on clear data. All of our data of auto-fill will be cleared.
Delete specific autofill entries in Google Chrome
In order to delete only some selective auto-fills from google Chrome follow the following method:
- Go to Chrome settings (the three dots on the top-right corner of the browser)
- Now if you want to delete a specific password go to passwords and in all of your passwords delete the one you want to by right clicking on the three dots and selecting delete option.
- In case of an address or payment methods in your forms you can select the option of address and edit and same with the payment methods information. (These settings are made individual in the latest versions of Chrome, before they were in password and forms settings)
Keyboard shortcut to delete auto-fill entries in Chrome
Another short method of deleting specific passwords can be by using a keyboard shortcut which is given below:
- click in the “Username” field/input box and press the down arrow (this will bring up a list of remembered “username” auto-fill entries
- Use the down arrow key to highlight the username (auto-fill entry) you want to delete
- Press shift + delete key, or shift+alt+backspace if you have a Chromebook
There you go. This is a simple method of managing your auto-fills.
You need to do this removal of saved entries with care as there is no way to revert changes once data is removed. It is always advisable to have a backup before any changes made to your computer. Please note that System Restore will not revert this auto-fill entries data. You will need a proper backup software to backup Google Chrome profile completely. Which is your favorite method of getting rid of wrong and abandoned auto-fill entries in Chrome?
Must Read Articles:
- 4 Ways To Fix Your Connection Is Not Private Google Chrome Error
- Download Google Chrome Offline Installers [All Versions]
- 3 Ways To Disable/Remove Google Software Reporter Tool (software_reporter_tool.exe)
- How To Always Sign Out Of Gmail After Closing Browser
- Completely Disable Push Notifications In Chrome, Firefox, Opera And Vivaldi