Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.7 has been released and is available for download. If you have installed an earlier version of the software, it should automatically upgrade to the latest version. But, for any reason, if you’re not able to upgrade, we will provide the download links to AnyConnect 4.7 for all Operating Systems.
Cisco AnyConnect is a free VPN software which is used to connect to the Cisco VPN servers. AnyConnect is not only a VPN but also comes with hosts of other features like endpoint security for enterprises, telemetry, web security, network access management, etc.
What’s new in Cisco AnyConnect 4.7
This is a major release of the software as it includes a lot of bug fixes and new features. I’m listing down some of the features.
- Management VPN Tunnel enables the client to automatically connect to the VPN when the computer starts. This is useful for always connected remote computers.
- TLS v1.2 is fully supported including handshaking and certificate authentication.
- NVM flow filter now monitors the filtered traffic making it easier for the admins to work on the logs.
- AnyConnect 4.7 comes with new icons and images.
- A lot of new cipher suites are supported for SSL/TLS connections.
If you want to go through all the features of this release, you may visit this page.
Cisco AnyConnect runs on Java. So Java version 6 or above needs to be installed before installing the profile editor.
Download AnyConnect 4.7
Download Cisco AnyConnect 4.7 for Windows 32/64 bit (36.9 MiB, 4,069 hits)
Download Cisco AnyConnect 4.7 for Mac OS (36.6 MiB, 631 hits)
Download Cisco AnyConnect 4.7 for Linux (24.0 MiB, 195 hits)
Installing the Cisco AnyConnect 4.7
Installing AnyConnect 4.7 is a little different from the previous versions. The Windows version of the AnyConnect client comes as a Zip file. You will need to unzip all the contents of the zip file to run the setup. There are two setup files, setup.hta, and setup.exe.
Running any of the setup files will open the installer selection window:
You can select the components you want to install with this version of the cisco VPN client. If unsure, please ask your network admin to guide you through the process.
Using Cisco AnyConnect 4.7
Using AnyConnect from the client perspective is quite simple. You just have to start the client, give the server URL, username and password and it just connects. We will give you are step by step overview of how to start the client and the disconnect from the VPN when required.
Starting and connecting to the VPN using AnyConnect
Make sure that you have installed AnyConnect successfully. Follow the steps below to start the VPN client:
- Open Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from the Start Menu
- Select the connection from the drop-down menu. If this field is blank, you should manually type in the server URL. Most of the times, network administrators will configure a VPN profile for the users. So the default connection will automatically be listed in the drop-down menu.
- Click Connect
- You will be asked to enter your Username and Password.
- After entering your credentials, press Ok.
Once the connection is successful, AnyConnect will automatically minimize itself in the system tray.
To disconnect from the VPN, double-click the AnyConnect icon from the system tray and press the Disconnect button.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Latest Version
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 Free (Direct Download Links)
- Download Cisco Packer Tracer 6.3 Free (Direct Download Link)
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 Free (Direct Download Link)
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer Latest Version (7.2.1)