At the Apple Special Event, Apple announced a lot of things including news, gaming, TV subscriptions etc. Along with these updates, iOS 12.2 has also been released for all devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
If you want to try out the new News+ feature, you will need to upgrade to iOS 12.2. iOS 12.2 comes with more than 50 bug fixes and improvements.
- 1 New features in iOS 12.2
- 2 Upgrading to iOS 12.2
- 3 Download iOS 12.2 IPSW
If you have a compatible device, you can install the new OS using different methods which we’ll discuss in this article.
New features in iOS 12.2
The new Apple News+ service is a new addition to Apple’s subscriptions. Its subscription is $9.99/month and the user can access over 300 magazines and newspapers. If you want to try it out, you can sign up for a 30 day trial of News+.
Now Siri can play any video or TV show on Apple TV.
Four new animoji characters have been introduced – giraffe, shark, owl, boar.
Maps now show Air Quality Index rating on the map.
If you want to go in detail, you may check out the complete list of features here.
Upgrading to iOS 12.2
There are a few methods by which you can upgrade to iOS 12.2. Let’s discuss them one by one.
Upgrade to iOS 12.2 using Apple Software Update
All Apple devices come with a software update feature which can automatically download the most compatible software from Apple’s servers and install it on your device without much hassle. This is the most appropriate method and should be used whenever possible.
If you have an iPhone, you can follow the steps below and use Apple Software Update feature.
- Open your iPhone (or iPad or iPod) and go to Settings –> General –> Software Update.
- You must have Internet access on your device. Your device will automatically check for new updates and display it on the screen if an update is available.
- Choose Download & Install when you see iOS 12.2 update.
Upgrade to iOS 12.2 using iTunes
You can upgrade your device to iOS 12.2 using iTunes software.
If you do not have iTunes software, download iTunes.
Find your phone by clicking Mobile icon on the Upper bar of iTunes.
Upgrade to iOS 12.2 using IPSW files
The third method is to manually download iOS 12.2 IPSW for your device and install it offline without an Internet connection. This also requires iTunes software. You can attach your iDevice to the computer using the USB cable. When the device is attached, open iTunes and follow the instructions below:
- Select your device in iTunes.
- Press the Shift key (Options key in Mac) and click the Update button.
- Select the downloaded IPSW file and update.
You can download the IPSW files from below given links.
Download iOS 12.2 IPSW
Download iOS 12.2 for iPhone (All Versions)
Download iOS 12.2 for iPad (All versions)
iOS 12.2 for iPod Touch
Must Read Articles:
- Download Apple iOS 11.3 For All Devices (Direct Download Links)
- Download Apple iOS 12.1.4 For All Devices (Direct Download Links)
- Download Apple iOS 10.3.1 For All Devices (Direct Download Links)
- Download Apple iOS 11.4 For All Devices (Direct Download Links)
- Download Apple IOS 12 For All Devices (Direct Download Links)