Cisco Packet Tracer is a software in which you can simulate the complete network by adding and connecting different network devices. Cisco Packet Tracer is a competitor to the open source GNS3 and Bosan NetSim.
The biggest advantage of Cisco Packet Tracer over its competitors is that it has been released by Cisco. It is not free and is only available for students and instructors who have attended Cisco Networking Academy.
Features of Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2
Some of the features are Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 are listed below:
- Useful for CCNA and CCNP self training
- http server adds JS and CSS support, HTTP and FTP linked file management support
- Now you can import external file inside Packet Tracer http server
- New devices with wlan access point capability and 3G/4G connectivity have been added
- Wired sniffer with repeater functionality has been added.
Bugs of Version 6.2
There are a few known ASA 5505 firewall bugs but they should not be a major concern. These bugs only affect ipsec configuration. If you are concerned then you should be looking for Cisco Packet Tracer 7 which is also under way of stable release very soon.
Direct download links for Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2
Update: This version of Packet tracer has been discontinued. Please Download the latest version of Cisco Packet Tracer
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 Student Version for Windows
You can also download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.1.1 with all the tutorials for preparing your CCNA and CCNP exam.
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.1.1 Student Version for Windows (Including Tutorials)
Must Read Articles:
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 Free (Direct Download Links)
- Download Cisco Packer Tracer 6.3 Free (Direct Download Link)
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Free (Direct Download Links)
- Download Cisco Packer Tracer 7.0 Free (Direct Download Links)
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 Free Direct Download Links