Download Cumulative Update KB4020102 for Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703 Build 15063.332)
Microsoft has released the Cumulative Update KB4020102 for Windows 10 Creators Update. This is the fourth update after the release of Creators Update. No new features are added in this update, only quality improvements to previous issues are added which were reported by users.
This update has patches for bugs found in Internet Explorer, Split View, Scroll Bar, Fonts, Messaging, Virtual Machine, Windows Search, Start Menu, support for third-party tools, and few others. This update is available for both 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows.
The Update has a size of 350 MB for 32-bit Windows and 550 MB for 64-bit Windows. Here is the direct download link for this update from the official website of Microsoft.
List of Fixed Bugs
- NT LAN Manager is the suite of Microsoft security protocols, that provides integrity and authentication. A patch is applied on NTLM which addressed the issue where it fails to generate a challenge response.
- If you are using Internet Explorer without Administrative privileges then you can not able to install the ActiveX control. This issue is fixed now.
- An issue is addressed by Internet Explorer which does not respect the policy of “Send all sites not included in Enterprise Mode" when the user opens the Favourites.
- If you are using any SMS app on your System, it will stop responding when you try to delete any message from it. But this is now fixed.
- An issue is addressed regarding Split View because some apps cannot receive the input when multiple windows are opened and used by the user. This gets fixed now.
- In the Logon Credential Provider dialog, an issue is encountered with Scroll Bar which gets blocked if the dialog has more fields. This issue is fixed in a new update.
- Audio output via external decoder stopped working which is used for decoding of different sounds. So this issue is also fixed in this update.
- An issue is also reported on resetting the VM, which is fixed now.
- Fixed an Issue with some fonts which were reported that some Non-Unicode fonts fails to render the characters on non-latin system locales.
- IOT shell is used for monitoring the background applications running, the issue is reported for this but now get fixed in this update.
- Proxy Settings can not migrate to machine proxy settings. This issue is fixed now.
- Network Printers fails to install on your System after the update of Windows to Creators Update. But this Cumulative Update has patched this issue of printers installation.
- The user who was facing issue regarding freezing of Start Menu can install this update and hopefully, their problem will be gone.
- The problem regarding Windows Search also gets solved after the installation of this update.
Installing KB4020102 using Windows Update
Press the “Window Key+I" and go to Update and Security.
Then click on Windows Update from the left-hand side of the window. In the right-hand menu, you will see a button for “Check Updates”. Click on it.
- If any update is present it will show you and ask you to download. Then the update will start downloading.
- Restart your system once after installation completes to apply all the changes.
If you do not want to download manually this update, then download the update just by clicking on below link according to your Operating System. And then restart your system once to apply the changes.
These links are from the official website of Microsoft.
So update your OS now and put patches to all bugs which you were encountering before. This is only an update with improvements not with new features. No bug is reported so far in this update by Microsoft.