Mozilla Firefox 54 has been released and is available for download and installation. Few new features are added and some bugs which were reported by users have been fixed in version 54.
If you have already installed Firefox in your system, you can easily hit the check for updates button to upgrade to the latest version of Firefox. But if you want to download the full version of Firefox 54 in your system and then install it on multiple computers without consuming more bandwidth again and again, you may want to download Firefox 54 offline installer from the links at the end of this article. Let’s first look at the new features added to Firefox 54.
What’s new in Firefox 54
- Download button and download panel has been simplified.
- Burmese locale (a language code for Myanmar) has been added.
- Support for multiple content processes has added in Firefox 54. This will split Firefox into multiple processes to improve responsiveness, stability, and security.
- Mobile Bookmarks folder has moved to main Bookmarks menu for easiness.
- Security vulnerabilities and bugs are fixed in Firefox 54.
- For developers, ability to create and save custom devices in Responsive Design Mode.
Check the current version of Firefox
You can check your Firefox’s current version by going to Help –> About Firefox. A pop-up window will appear that shows you information of your browser. If any new update is present, click on Check for updates.
The Update will download manually within the browser.
When an update is installed, restart your browser and check its version again by going to Help. Now you will see that pop-up window says, “Firefox is up to date".
But if you do not want to download it through the browser, you can download standalone installer from below links, and install the browser by yourself,
- Download the Offline Installer from below link.
After downloading, open the installer to start installing the browser. It will extract the components first.
Then ask you to select the Type of your setup.
Choose the installation location for Firefox.
Then the installation will begin and takes 4-5 seconds to complete.
Click on Finish and Firefox browser will launch as you exit the installer.
Go to Help/About Firefox, a pop-up window will show you the current updated version of your Firefox browser.
Offline Installer Link for Firefox 54
Update your Firefox browser today, and enjoy more features and secure browsing than before due to many new features and compatabilities which are added in Firefox 54. Thank you.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Firefox 53 Offline Installers for all Operating Systems
- Download Mozilla Firefox 55 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Firefox 56 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems Direct Download Links
- Upgrade from Firefox 32-bit to Firefox 64-bit without Reinstalling
- Download Google Chrome 57 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems