Java 8 Update 91 has been released and is ready for download and installation. In this article, we will discuss about the new features and enhancements of Java 8 Updated 91 and provide direct download links to full offline installers which can be used for installing Java without an Internet connection.
Let’s first go through the download links so that you may be able to download the installer and then we’ll discuss the new features and enhancements in this version.
What’s new in Java 8 Update 91
The latest version of Java 8u91 comes with several important enhancements and changes including the following:
- DSA signature generation is now subject to a key strength check
- Disable MD5withRSA signature algorithm in the JSSE provider
- New certificates added to root CAs
- JDK 8u91 contains IANA time zone data version 2016a
This release is scheduled to expire on 19th July 2016. Hopefully we will get a new release before the expiration. If you want to go through the details of enhancements and changes in this release of Java, you may see the release notes of Java 8u91.
How to check which version of Java is installed on your system
If you want to see which version of Java is installed and working on your system, you have to open command prompt and run the following command:
You can also check the version by going to Control Panel –> Java. Click the About button.
How to update Java from Control Panel
If you have already installed Java in your system, you can automatically update Java to the latest version from Control Panel. Just go to Control Panel –> Java. Go to Update tab and press the Update Now button. This will check for the latest version of Java and will update automatically if a new update is available.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Java 8 Update 171 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers
- Download Java 8 Update 65 Offline Installers
- Download Java 8 Update 51 Offline Installers
- Java 8 Update 191 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems