Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4039396 build 14393.1670 of version 1607 on 28th August 2017. The cumulative update contains both security and non-security improvements. Bugs are fixed and security improvements have been made to offer the best experience on Windows for users. No new Operating System features are introduced in this update. It’s always good to have the latest updates installed for security and safety.
The issues related to Update History, Lost Update, WSUS update. crashing of the system, and few more have fixed in this update.
You can either download the update through Windows Update or from direct download links provided at the end of this page. In this article, both ways are provided so you can easily install the latest update on your system. Let’s see what improvements have been made.
First make sure that your Operating System version is the same as mentioned as this update only applies to Windows 10 Build 14393.1670.
KB4039396 Windows 10 Build 14393.1607 improvements and fixes
Key changes of Update KB4039396 build 14393.1670 include:
- In the earlier Update, an issue was found where Update History and hidden updates are lost and a full scan for updates happens after installing OS Updates 14393.1532 through 14393.1613, including KB4034658. But, installing this update will not restore past update history or hidden updates for users who have already installed the listed updates. However, this current update will address this issue for users who have not yet installed them.
- WSUS update metadata processing has caused some clients to time out with a 0x8024401c error, this error has resolved in this update.
No issue has found in this update so far by Microsoft.
Download using Windows Update
Press the “Window Key+I" and go to Update and Security.
Then click on Windows Update from the left-hand side of the window. In the right-hand menu, you will see a button for check Updates. Click on it.
- If an update is present it will show you and ask you to download. Then the installation will start downloading.
- Restart your System to apply all the changes.
KB4039396 Direct Download Links
If you do not want to download this update through Windows Update, you can download the update just by clicking on below links according to your Operating System. Restart your System once after installing the update to apply the changes.
These links are from the official Microsoft catalog.
Please note that this update will be automatically downloaded and installed with your next Windows Update but if you want the update to install early and keep it offline for future usage saving valuable Internet bandwidth, you may download it from the links above.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4048953 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 November 2017
- Download KB4093107 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 April 2018
- Download KB4093119 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 April 2018
- Download KB4048954 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 November 2017
- Download KB4025341 July 2017 Update For Windows 7