Download KB4041676 For Windows 10 version 1703 Cumulative Update October 2017
Microsoft has released Cumulative Update KB4041676 For Windows 10 version 1703 (Build 15063.674) on 10th October 2017.
Cumulative Update KB4041676 for Windows 10 version 1703 put patches to all the bugs and vulnerabilities which were experienced in the last September update. This is the first update for the month of October. No new features have been added in this update.
As KB4041676 update is a cumulative update, it has both security and non-security fixes for your Operating System.
You can also get the Cumulative updates from Windows Update directly, but if you want to download it manually then download the below complete installer for this update, and have offline installation without connecting to the internet. Let’s go through the changelog of this update.
Changelog for update KB4041676 Windows 10 version 1703
- Fixed an issue where some UWP and Centennial apps show a gray icon and display the error message “This app can’t open” on launch.
- A reliability issue has been fixed that causes the AppReadiness service to stop working.
- The issue that addresses, applications that use the Silverlight map to stack stop working, has been resolved.
- An issue where VSync prevents devices from entering Panel Self Refresh mode, which can lead to reduced battery life, has fixed.
- The issue is addressed where user customization (like pinned tiles) made to an enforced partial Start layout are lost when upgrading to Windows 10 1703.
- An issue has been settled where the Universal CRT caused the linker (link.exe) to stop working for large projects.
- The issue has been fixed that prevents Windows Error Reporting from saving error reports in a temporary folder that is recreated with incorrect permissions. Instead, the temporary folder is inadvertently deleted.
- Addressed issue where the MSMQ performance counter (MSMQ Queue) may not populate queue instances when the server hosts a clustered MSMQ role.
- Addressed issue with the token broker where it was leaking a token that caused sessions to stay allocated after logoff.
- Addressed issue where Personal Identity Verification (PIV) smart card PINs are not cached on a per-application basis. This caused users to see the PIN prompt multiple times in a short time period; normally, the PIN prompt only displays once.
- Using the exe/u tool to update Data Recovery Agent (DRA) encryption keys fails unless user certification encryption already exists on the machine. This issue has been resolved now.
- Addressed issue where using AppLocker to block a Modern app fails. This issue occurs only with Modern apps that come pre-installed with Windows.
- The issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer has been sorted out.
- An issue with the rendering of a graphics element in Internet Explorer has been fixed.
- The issue has been removed that prevents an element from receiving focus in Internet Explorer.
- An issue had faced with the docking and undocking of Internet Explorer windows. In this update, this issue has been removed.
- An issue is removed, which is caused by a pop-up window in Internet Explorer.
- An issue has been resolved where a Vendor API deleted data unexpectedly.
- The issue has addressed where using the Robocopy utility to copy a SharePoint document library, which is mounted as a drive letter, fails to copy files. However, in this scenario, Robocopy will copy folders successfully.
- MDM USB restrictions did not disable the USB port as expected. This problem is settled now.
- An issue was occurring where creating an iSCSI session on a new OS installation may result in the “Initiator instance does not exist” error when attempting to connect to a target. This is fixed now.
- The issue has been fixed where connecting to RDS applications published using Azure App Proxy fails. The error message is, “Your computer can’t connect to the Remote Desktop Gateway server. Contact your network administrator for assistance". The error can occur when the RDP cookie size limit is exceeded. This update increased the size of the RDP cookie limit.
- An issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose, has been resolved in this update.
- An issue has fixed that was affecting the download of some games from the Windows Store during the pre-order phase. Download fails with the error code 0x80070005, and the device attempts to restart the download from the beginning.
- The ServerSecurityDescriptorregistry value does not migrate when you upgrade to Windows 10 1703. As a result, users might not be able to add a printer using the Citrix Print Manager service. Additionally, they might not be able to print to a client redirected printer, a Citrix universal print driver, or a network printer driver using the Citrix universal print driver. This issue has been removed.
- Security updates have been provided to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Microsoft Edge, Windows Authentication, Windows TPM, Device Guard, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Windows DNS, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Windows Subsystem for Linux, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
Get the update via Windows Update
Press the “Windows Key+I" and go to Update and Security.
Then click on Windows Update from the left-hand side of the window. In the right-hand menu, you will see a button for check Updates. Click on it.
- If an update is present it will show you and ask you to download. Then the installation will start downloading.
- Restart your System to apply all the changes.
KB4041676 Direct Download Links
These links are direct links provided by Microsoft and are safe to download. For 32-bit Windows, the update is about 569 MB. And for Windows 10 64-bit, the update is of size 976.2 MB. If you encounter any issues with this update, please tell us about it in the comments below.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Cumulative Update KB4020102 for Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703 Build 15063.332)
- Download KB4048954 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 November 2017
- Download KB4048953 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 November 2017
- Download Cumulative KB4051963, KB4054022 for Windows 10 Version 1709 November 2017
- Download KB4055254 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703