Microsoft has released two updates for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008, one is Monthly Quality Roll Up KB4041681 and Security-only Update KB4041678 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 on October 10, 2017. I have added direct links to the offline installer of both updates.
These updates will put patches to all vulnerabilities which you faced after installing the last update for Windows 7 OS, which was released in September 2017. I have added the complete list of changes and improvements which are introduced in the both updates.
All links are direct links which are provided by Microsoft so you can reliably download them. Let’s have a view on changelog for Update KB4041681 and KB4041678 updates, then you can download the update manually from the offline installer links for your OS.
Changelog of Monthly Quality Roll-Up KB4041681
This security update includes improvements and fixes that and resolves the following issues:
- An issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows has been resolved.
- The issue has been fixed with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
- An issue with URL encoding in Internet Explorer is settled now.
- The issue that prevents an element from receiving focus in Internet Explorer. Has been fixed.
- The issue with the rendering of a graphics element in Internet Explorer has been fixed.
- Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
- Security updates have been given to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
- After installing KB4041681, package users may see an error dialog that indicates that an application exception has occurred when closing some applications. This can affect applications that use mshtml.dll to load web content. The failure only occurs when a process is already shutting down and will not impact application functionality.
Download Links for Update KB4041681
Changelog of Monthly Quality Roll-Up KB4041678
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Security updates have given to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
Download Links for Update KB4041678
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4025341 July 2017 Update For Windows 7
- Download KB4043961 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 October 2017
- Download KB4034670 For Windows 7 Offline Installer (August 2017 Update)
- Download KB4093107 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 April 2018
- Download KB4048954 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 November 2017