As a part of Patch Tuesday, Microsoft has released KB4048953 cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607. After installing this update, the build number will be updated to build 14393.1884. Like the other cumulative updates KB4048954 for Windows 10 Version 1703 and KB4048955 for Windows 10 Version 1709, this update includes only quality and security improvements. No Operating System level features have been introduced.
A total of 12 critical vulnerabilities have been fixed in this update for Windows 10.
This update includes security fixes related to Microsoft scripting engine, Microsoft edge, Microsoft graphics component, Windows kernel, Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player.
Microsoft is also providing an update to the Windows Update client to improve the Windows Update reliability.
If you have Windows updates enabled with all important earlier updates being installed, only new fixes included in KB4048953 update package will be installed.
Addressed issue where attempting to clean temporary files on the Windows Phone results in the error code “E_FAIL”.
Addressed a crash in Internet Explorer that was seen in machines that used large font-size settings.
More information about the fixes details can be found on this link.
After installing this update, the build number of Windows 10 Version 1607 will become 14393.1884. You may download this cumulative update by clicking on the right link given below:
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4093119 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 April 2018
- Download KB4093107 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 April 2018
- Download KB4048955 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 November 2017
- Download KB4048954 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 November 2017
- Download KB4093120 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 April 2018