Microsoft has released an unscheduled cumulative for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016. The cumulative update KB4057142 includes some bugfixes, enhancements and performance improvements. Since this is an unscheduled update, it is highly unlikely that any Operating System features will be released in this update.
When you have installed KB4057142 update, your Operating System build will become 14393.2034. Let’s go through the change log of this update and then download the actual update for installation. We will give direct download links to KB4057142 in this article.
Let’s cover the major points first.
- This update will fix the issue with AMD and some Intel processors which would get the system into an unbootable state after installing the previous update.
- Addresses issue where the virtual TPM self-test isn’t run as part of virtual TPM initialization.
- Improves compatibility with U.2 NVMe devices, specifically in hot-add/removal cases. This should be especially useful in more recent computers which include NVMe based hard drives.
- Addresses synchronization issue where backing up large Resilient File System (ReFS) volumes may lead to errors 0xc2 and 7E.
- Addresses issue that causes a delay when searching for new printers to add.
- Addresses issue with the App-V package folder access that causes the access control list to be handled incorrectly.
- Addresses issue originally called out in KB4056890 where calling CoInitializeSecurity with the authentication parameter set to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_NONE resulted in the error STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL.
I have left out some points from the change log which were related to Windows Server 2016. To check out the complete change log, please visit this page.
If you have already enabled Windows Update, you will get this update through Windows Update. But if you want to download and install it manually as in case you want to install it on multiple system without using Internet bandwidth, you may download the MSU file from the links below and just run it on the system where you want it installed. Just make sure Windows version should be 1607.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4057144 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 January 2018
- Download KB4056892 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 January 2018
- Download KB4056890 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 January 2018
- Download KB4074590 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 February 2018
- Download KB4051033 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 November 2017