Download KB4057144 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 January 2018
Microsoft has released an unscheduled update KB4057144 to almost all versions of Windows 10 including 1703. This is an out-of-band update which addresses some security issues which were discovered in the previous weeks as well as other security fixes. When you have installed this update, the complete build of Windows will become 15063.877.
Let’s quickly discuss about the changes included in this update and then go to the direct download links.
The biggest fix which we can talk about is the unbootable state fix which was caused in AMD processors when last update was installed. Let’s go through the list of fixes and changes.
Security and bug fixes included in KB4057144
Addresses issue where some customers on a small subset of older AMD processors get into an unbootable state.
- Addresses issue with printing PDFs in Microsoft Edge. As a workaround, people were using third party PDF printers for printing PDF files from Edge.
- Addresses issue with the App-V package folder access that cause the access control list to be handled incorrectly.
- Addresses issue where backwards compatibility for managing Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) with group policy is lost. This is important because group policy of Windows 10 version 1607 is not compatible with 1703.
- Addresses issue where some Microsoft-signed ActiveX controls don’t work when Windows Defender Application Control (Device Guard) is enabled. Specifically, class IDs related to XMLHTTP in msxml6.dll don’t work.
- Addresses issue where, when attempting to change the Smart Card for Windows service start type from Disabled to Manual or Automatic, the system reports an error: “Cannot create a file when that file already exists.”
- Addresses issue where some applications are blocked from running by Windows Defender Device Guard or Windows Defender Application Control when the application runs in Audit only enforcement mode.
- Addresses issue where the virtual TPM self-test isn’t run as part of virtual TPM initialization.
- Addresses issue with NoToastApplicationNotificationOnLockScreen GPO that causes Toast notifications to appear on the lock screen.
- Addresses issue originally called out in KB4056891 where calling CoInitializeSecurity with the authentication parameter set to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_NONE resulted in the error STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL.
Known issues in KB4057144
There are still some known issues in Windows 10 version 1703 which have not been fixed in KB4057144. The issues include the following:
- Because of an issue that affects some versions of antivirus software, this fix applies only to computers on which the antivirus ISV updated the ALLOW REGKEY.
If you are having this issue, you may contact your antivirus provider for an update or set the following registry key:
This is a temporary fix. Make sure your antivirus is compatible with this version of Windows 10.
If you do not want to run Windows Update on your computer, you may download KB4057144 manually using the links below.
Just make sure Windows version should be 1703. To check this, go to command prompt and see the complete build no. of Windows 10. It should be 10.15063.xxx.
If you have Windows Update enabled, this update should appear in your next update check and there is no need to download and install this update separately. If you have not installed previous updates, this update will install them for you.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4056891 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 January 2018
- Download KB4054517 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 December 2017
- Download KB4056892 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 January 2018
- Download KB4074592 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 Februrary 2018
- Download KB4056890 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 January 2018