Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB4074590. Your Windows 10 build will be updated to 14393.2068, which is applicable on Windows 10 version 1607 and Windows Server 2016. This update includes improvements and bugfixes to existing issues. There is no new additional features to this update.
This update will automatically be downloaded and installed on your Windows 10 Version 1607 computer. If you want to keep an offline copy of this update, you may download it from the links given below. The offline installer can also be used to install the update on multiple computers without consuming Internet bandwidth again and again. The update setup comes in MSU file which can be installed through group policy, especially useful for network administrators.
Let’s quickly discuss about the changes included in this update and then go to the direct download links.
The change log of the update of KB4074590 and the improvements and bug fixes that have happened with this update are:
- Fragment identifier, that were responsible for directing from Microsoft edge to Internet Explorer through the Enterprise Mode site, present in the links have been modified.
- It has fixed the issue that usually occurred related to the graphics performance of the graphical elements of Internet Explorer.
- The bugs that caused the Internet Explorer to freeze was due to script error. The error has been dealt with.
There has been security updates for the following making them more secure :
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
- Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft Windows Search Component
- Windows Kernel
- Device Guard
- Common Log File System Driver
- Windows storage and file systems.
- Some group application policies have been edited, ensuring privacy and more correct usage.
- After installing updates KB4057142 or KB4056890, many people faced issue in accessing files from SMB server. The error has been addressed.
- Many people faced issues where their system’s telemetry data failed to upload through UTC, due to some network issues that prevented access to CRL servers.
- The issue where the CPU used to hang as if in a bottleneck when IIS was run from the system.
- The time zone information has been updated.
- There were a few users who were using third party account details when they were using Microsoft Edge, they faced issues in accessing a few websites. The new update has fixed this bug and allows access to all websites without hanging the system.
- During the previous updates there were issues related to compatibility view of the browser’s settings. This has been addressed.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4056890 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 January 2018
- Download KB4093119 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 April 2018
- Download KB4074592 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 Februrary 2018
- Download KB4043961 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 October 2017
- Download KB4056891 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 January 2018