The cumulative update KB4088776 for Windows 10 Version 1709 March 2018 has been released by Microsoft last week. This takes the build number of Windows 10 to 16299.309. There are few important fixes that Microsoft has made in Windows 10 which we had discussed in earlier releases of KB4090913, KB4074588, KB4056892.
This update solves most of the problems faced by users using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer web browsers. Also the installation lockout with mandatory compatibility requirement with the installed antivirus solution for Windows 10 has also been removed by Microsoft. Now users do not have to go through the registry editing for antivirus compatibility. For reading more about the problem, you may go through the KB articles mentioned above.
Let’s go through the changes that have been made in KB4088776. There are no new features that have been added to Windows 10 in this update.
KB4088776 update improvements and fixes
The changes that have occurred and the issues that have been resolved are as follows:
- Whenever Internet explorer was used along with any of the F12 based developer tools, it would either hang, or stop working altogether. This update addresses the issue and allows simultaneous use of F12 developer tools and the browser.
- The update allows ease of printing of XML documents, through Internet Explorer and the Microsoft Edge.
- After this update, the users can access the Internet Explorer without it hanging even when they are using a browser helper object.
- You can upgrade the graphics drivers without facing issue with media applications which used to become unresponsive.
- Many users used to face issue while gaming. The players faced problems related to ownership, where they were not allowed to continue the game due to the error message about not owning the content.
- The compatibility issue that was faced by the Windows users has been addressed, now the users need to confirm about the compatibility of their antivirus with their AV provider, and this will help them address the issue of lack of compatibility in their antivirus.
- The existing Windows applications and programs have been updated with respect to their security.
KB4088776 Download Links
Please note that you do not need any previous updates to be installed for installing this update. As this is a cumulative update, it will install the previous missing updates for you automatically. Just download it and apply it to your computer. Make sure your Windows version is Windows 10 Version 1709.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4093112 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 April 2018
- Download KB4056890 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 January 2018
- Download KB4056891 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 January 2018
- Download KB4054517 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 December 2017
- Download KB4074592 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 Februrary 2018