The cumulative update KB4093105 for Windows 10 Version 1709 April 2018 has been released by Microsoft. This takes the build number of Windows 10 to 16299.402. A total of 39 vulnerabilities were patched in this update. This is the second cumulative update for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709). After the first update KB4093112, the second one got a little late as the second round of updates for Version 1703 (KB4093117) and Version 1607 (KB4093119) have already been released.
This has become a norm for Microsoft to publish updates for Windows 10 at least two times a month. The pattern seems to be on second and fourth Tuesdays of the month so that it could be called Patch Tuesday.
Let’s go through the major changes made in this update.
KB4093105 for Windows 10 Version 1709
This update fixes issues related to Microsoft Outlook client, Edge browser, BitLocker along with core fixes to the Operating System.
- If you are using Outlook 2013 with user experience virtualization, this update fixes the autodiscover bug which prevents setting up email accounts when UE-V is enabled.
- Fixed AppLocker publisher rules not matching correctly for MSI files.
- Fixed Windows Hello PIN reset issue which would block resetting the PIN.
- Fixed encrypting and decrypting options missing in Windows File Explorer.
- Updated minimum password length in group policy to 20 characters.
- Issue fixed with BitLocker which would suspend protection while the drive or device was being unenrolled.
- Fixed the date modified field being empty in shared folder cases where Volume Shadow Copy was enabled on the drive.
- Fixed an issue with Start Menu where the user-pinned folders would be removed automatically.
For the complete changelog list, please visit this page.
Please note that you do not need any previous updates to be installed for installing this update. As this is a cumulative update, it will install the previous missing updates for you automatically. Just download it and apply it to your computer. Make sure your Windows version is Windows 10 Version 1709.
Issues with KB4093105
People have been encountering issues with this latest Microsoft update. The two most common issues and their fixes are as follows:
PC restarting randomly after installing the update
First of all make sure that you have KB4093105 installed successfully on your system. Check your Windows build number which should be 16299.402. If you are having random restarts issue, please uninstall the update and install it manually from above mentioned links. For uninstalling the update, go to Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update –> View installed update history –> Uninstall Updates.
Update failing to install properly
When I got the update for the first time on my production computer, this update gave me an error of not being able to install.
I had to install the update manually by downloading it from the above mentioned download links and running the installer.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4103714 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 May 2018
- Download KB4345420 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 July 2018
- Download KB4093112 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 April 2018
- Download KB4100403 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1803 May 2018
- Download KB4048954 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 November 2017