Microsoft has released another cumulative update for Windows 10 Anniversary Update Version 1607. After installing this update KB4093120, the complete build number of Windows will become 14393.2214. You can check the current build number of your Windows Operating System by going to Run –> winver.
This Windows 10 update patches at least 25 bugs and vulnerabilities. The distribution of bugs is as follows:
- 11 information disclosure
- 2 privilege elevation
- 1 security feature bypass
- 4 denial of service
- 7 remote code execution
Let’s go through the change log of KB4093120 and then we’ll share the direct download links for this update.
- The biggest update from administrator point of view if the Microsoft Edge fix. Microsoft Edge used to stop working and would crash if there was software restriction policy applied.
- Another policy related issue is of AppLocker. AppLocker publisher rules were not correctly applied to the MSI files.
- Addressed an issue with Azure Active Directory accounts would receive password prompt again and again.
- Interestingly, this update gives an update about Microsoft Outlook reliability.
- Addresses an issue that causes the host Hyper-V node to stop working when starting the hosted VM.
There are many other fixes which are listed here. Overall, it’s always recommended to install the latest patches to stay safe from security threats.
Important Note: Please note that Windows 10 Version 1607 has already reached end of service on 10th April, 2018. Microsoft doesn’t plan to support version 1607 further. So you should upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1709 the latest at the moment.
KB4093120 Download Links
Please note that you do not need any previous updates to be installed for installing this update. As this is a cumulative update, it will install the previous missing updates for you automatically. Just download it and apply it to your computer. Make sure your Windows version is Windows 10 Version 1607. Interestingly, Microsoft hasn’t provided the delta updates for this release. You will need to download the cumulative packages and install it in Windows 10.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4093117 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 April 2018
- Download KB4093119 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 April 2018
- Download KB4103714 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 May 2018
- Download KB4103721 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1803 May 2018
- Download KB4054517 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 December 2017