Download KB4103731 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 May 2018
Microsoft has released KB4103731 cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1703 (Creators Update). After installing this update, the complete build number of Windows will become 15063.188. You can check the current build number of your Windows Operating System by going to Run –> winver.
Please note that Microsoft has already released a new version of Windows 10, Windows 10 Version 1803. If you have already installed Windows 10 Version 1803 then you may install KB4103721 instead of this update.
Let’s go through some of the issues fixes in this update and then we’ll share the download links.
Kb4103731 fixes 19 vulnerabilities of which 3 are critical, 15 are important and 1 is considered as low. This update is very similar to KB4103727 for Windows 10 Version 1709 and the fixes are also almost the same. Here’s the list:
- Fixes the Internet Explorer failed web workers issue.
- Updated video preload flag handling for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- Fixes the USB port functionality loss issue after resuming from hibernation (related to AMD platforms).
- Fixed the App-V user scripts not working issue.
- Fixed issue with connecting to Microsoft Remote Desktop server.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Device Guard, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows Hyper-V, Windows virtualization and kernel, HTML help, and Windows Server.
If you want to go in detail, please visit this help page.
How to download KB4103727
You can download and install KB4103721 update manually using the direct download links below:
These links have been taken from Microsoft Update catalog.
Before installing KB4103731 update
Before installing any Windows Update, it is always recommended to create a restore point for your safety.
Create a restore point
This should be the default case before installing any update or software on your system. At the very least, if the system get bricked after installing an update, you will be able to revert back to the working point.
To create a restore point, go to Run –> systempropertiesadvanced.
On the System Protection tab, enable System Restore and create a restore point manually.
Installing the update manually
If you are having issues while installing KB4103731 through Windows Update, most of the times, the issue is resolved when you restart your computer, download the update manually from above mentioned links and then install them manually.
I hope this will help you keep your Windows up to date. If you are already using Windows 10 Version 1703, it is recommended that you install the latest version of Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4103722 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 May 2018
- Download KB4345419 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 July 2018
- Download KB4103720 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 May 2018
- Download KB4103727 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 May 2018
- Download KB4343885 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 August 2018