Microsoft has released its second cumulative update KB4345421 for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) in July. After installing this update, the complete build number of Windows will become 17134.167.
You can check the current Windows version and build by going to Run –> winver.
If you have not upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1803, it is highly recommended to download and upgrade Windows 10 Version 1803. If you are a system administrator of an organization and want to upgrade all the computer to this version of Windows, you should test the version before upgrading from Version 1709 or earlier versions of Windows.
Since this is the second update for this month, there are no quality improvements included in this update. The changes in this update include the following:
- If you have installed the earlier July update and running any network monitoring workloads, you may receive a 0xD1 stop error. Installing this update will fix this issue.
- If you are running multiple DHCP servers in an organization, the clients may receive an invalid configuration when requesting a new IP resulting in loss of connectivity. This assigns the private IP address automatically and the client will not be able to access the network until you fix this manually. If this is the case, please install KB4345421 and this issue will be resolved.
- If you are running SQL Server and are receiving the error “Tcp port is already in use”, please install this update to fix the issue.
- W3SVC malfunctions when you want to stop or restart the service. This issue has been fixed in KB4345421.
How to get KB4345421 update for Windows 10 Version 1803
There are two ways to get this update, either you can get it through Windows Update or you can download and install it manually.
To download and install this update through Windows Update, please go to Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update and select Check for updates.
If the update doesn’t show in Windows Update then you can download KB4345421 from below given links and run the installers for installing the update.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4345420 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 July 2018
- Download KB4345419 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 July 2018
- Download KB4100403 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1803 May 2018
- Download KB4103721 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1803 May 2018
- Windows 10 Cumulative Updates 2019 Direct Download Links