NVIDIA GeForce Driver 391.01 has been updated and is available for download. The download links to complete driver setup are given at the end of this article. Nvidia GeForce game ready drivers allow the users to have the perfect gaming experience with enhanced graphics. The perfect graphics allow the users to experience an amazing game-play without missing a beat. The latest release 391.01 supports the GeForce Experience 184.108.40.206 beta, that was released last Friday. This now allows a smooth gaming experience even when there are poor network connections.
- 1 NVIDIA GeForce 391.01 Game ready drivers
- 2 The issues that have been fixed
- 3 The updated 3D Vision profiles
- 4 Possible issues that might be faced by Window 10 users
- 5 NVidia GeForce Driver 391.01 Download links
NVIDIA GeForce 391.01 Game ready drivers
There has been the latest update release by NVIDIA on the February 26th. The update has been released prior to new game versions being released. The new version release came before the release of Final Fantasy XV, Battle grounds, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 and World of Tanks 1.0. The new 391.01 has a lot of improvements that not only focus on performance, they also enhance the graphics quality of the system.
The improvement that occurs due to the upgrade to the performance is around 3% to 7%. The main highlight of the new driver is the most smooth gaming experience with amazing graphics and fixes for the past mishaps. The Game ready drivers are all set to support the newly launched and will be launched games!
The issues that have been fixed
- The interruptions that resulted in the creation of mirror images during gameplay have been altered. This fix is specific to BeamNG.
- In the game Call of Duty WWII, there was silhouette formation during gameplay. The update caters to the issue.
- If the games are being played on a multi-monitor screen, there is booting error. The black screen occurs when cold boot is being used. The newer version caters to this issue.
- During the gameplay when the Stereoscopic 3D stay enabled the time for the system shutdown increased.
- There was a decrease in the GPU’s performance for the GeForce GTX965M of the Notebook.
- The content type setting used to revert back to auto select when the system was rebooted. The newer version addresses this issue as well.
- The plug-in “NvfbcPluginWindow” stalled system shutdown, the recent update addresses this shutdown issue.
The updated 3D Vision profiles
- Warhammer:Vermintide 2
- Surviving Mars
- Final Fantasy
Possible issues that might be faced by Window 10 users
- When there is too frequent switching between overclocked memory clocks there are chances that the G-Sync display may crash.
- When the DisplayPort is connected to the DVI monitors, there is no display output at all.
- The system with Threadripper-enabled motherboard may face issues of OS failure if they install the graphics card.
- There is a chance that the game might crash if the HDR option is enabled as the driver relapses to OpenGL 1.1.
If you want to go into more details, you may read the changelog of NVidia GeForce Driver 391 here.
Interestingly NVidia releases two different drivers for Desktop or laptop machines. There might be a small difference in functionality between the two types. If you are downloading the drivers for your laptop, you may download the notebook one, otherwise use Desktop based driver.
Drivers For Windows 10
Drivers For Windows 8.1/8/7
Drivers For Windows XP
Before installing the new driver, it is always recommended to backup your current device drivers. This will be helpful if anything goes wrong, you can easily revert to the stable state.
Must Read Articles:
- NVIDIA GeForce drivers for Windows latest direct download links
- 2 Ways To Check Bad Drivers In Windows
- 2 Ways To Backup Your Windows Device Drivers
- Download KB4043961 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 October 2017
- Download KB4088776 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 March 2018