Corel PaintShop Pro 2018 is the best alternative to Adobe Photoshop. This holds true especially when Adobe has shifted to a subscription model where users have to pay a monthly fee for using Photoshop and other Adobe tools. You will find direct download links to Photoshop Pro 2018 offline installers in this article as Corel only provides a web installer on their download page.
The following video gives a good overview of what PaintShop Pro 2018 can do for you. After watching the video, we’ll discuss about the new features offered in PaintShop Pro 2018 and then we will do a comparison of Adobe Photoshop and PaintShop Pro.
What’s new in PaintShop Pro 2018
- NEW Simplified user interface and bigger icons
- NEW Workspaces to match your skill level
- NEW Faster results and improved tools
- NEW Color palettes, brushes and more creative content
For more information about all the features of PaintShop Pro 2018, you may check out this page.
Comparing Paintshop Pro with Adobe Photoshop
PaintShop Pro is a direct competitor of Adobe Photoshop. While Photoshop is the most used tool for image editing, PaintShop Pro has also introduced incredible features. If you want to shift from Photoshop to PaintShop, there will be a small learning curve but most of the features are the same in both the tools. There are a few differences though. The first is the pricing.
- Adobe Photoshop uses a subscription model where user has to pay a monthly fee for using the software. The one year subscription for Photoshop is around $120. Corel uses the same standard approach for pricing. You can buy a lifetime license of PaintShop Pro for around $80. The difference in cost can be quite broad if we think of long-term usage i.e, 3+years.
- PaintShop Pro includes instant effects and filters which are not installed in Photoshop by default. You will need to install them to use in Photoshop.
- PaintShop Pro comes with support for XDM including support for Intel RealSense. This is not available in Photoshop.
- The Quick adjustment tools available in PaintShop Pro are a life saver while in Photoshop we need to use third-party filters for this purpose.
- PaintShop Pro also supports Photoshop plugins and can also work with Photoshop PSD files which is a big plug if you want to migrate to PaintShop smoothly.
Corel provides the web installers for PaintShop Pro 2018. You can download the web installers from the following links:
But if you want to keep an offline copy of the product, you can download it from the official links given below. These are zip files which you will need to extract in a folder and run setup.exe for offline installation.