Download Skype 8.30 With Search In Conversation Capabilities
Microsoft has finally listened to its Skype users who were using Skype Classic and were not willing to upgrade to Skype 8 just because few features were not present in the latest version. To find out what’s new in the latest version of Skype 8.30, keep reading the article.
Although this Skype version was released two days earlier, I held on to not publishing the update because I wanted to have the complete change log from Microsoft which was not published at the time of release.
Let’s go through the new features introduced in Skype 8.30 and then we’ll share the direct download links of Skype installer.
Skype 8.30 new features
Search in conversations
The major different between Skype 7.40 and Skype 8 was that Microsoft skipped the in-conversation search feature and the ability to select multiple conversations for copying. Both of these features have been introduced in Skype 8.30.
Now you can easily search a conversation by pressing Ctrl + F keyboard shortcut in the active conversation window.
Introduction of read receipts
The new Skype also features read receipts like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. Now you can easily see if a message was read by your contact. Clicking on the display picture at the bottom right of the last message will give you the list of people who read your message.
The read receipts are shown for the last message only. When the message is ready by everyone, read receipts are removed.
Adjust video quality in webcam settings
Skype 8.30 gives the user more picture customization options for webcam conversations. You can adjust image brightness, contrast, hue, gamma, white balance, sharpness etc. in webcam settings. To control these aspects of your webcam in Skype, follow the steps below:
- Open Skype
- Click on your Profile Picture at the top left of Skype window
- Select Settings
- Select Audio & Video
- Under the webcam video preview, click on Webcam settings.
Checking version and updating Skype
Checking version in Skype 8.xx is different from the earlier release. Follow the steps below to check Skype version installed on your computer.
- Open Skype and sign-in with your Microsoft account
- Click on the display picture at the top left corner of Skype window
- Scroll down and select Help & Feedback (Previously it was the About section)
Opening the About dialog will automatically trigger Skype to check for latest version. It will automatically start downloading if a new version is available. Alternatively, you can follow our blog to get the latest information when new versions of Skype are released.
Download Skype for Linux [.DEB] (Debian)
Download Skype for Linux [.RPM] (RPM based distributions)
Must Read Articles:
- Download Skype 8.28 Offline Installer For All Operating Systems
- Latest Skype 7.2 Offline Installer Direct Download Links
- Download Skype 8.17 Offline Installer For All Operating Systems
- Download Skype 8.21 Offline Installer For All Operating Systems
- Download Skype 8.25 Offline Installer For All Operating Systems