Update: Windows 10 Version 21H2 Stable version has been released by Microsoft. Please visit this page to download Windows 10 Version 21H2 ISO (direct download links).
Microsoft has released Windows 10 21H2 as an optional preview update to the Windows Insider Release Preview channel. This means that users can choose whether to upgrade to this build as of now. Not only that, Microsoft has announced that they are all set to release Windows 10 v21H2 in November 2021 and believe that Build 19044.1288 will be the final version of it. Therefore, they have also made available an ISO image of the version that you can download and install right now.
The version may not be entirely ready yet. This is because Microsoft states that one of the new features known as “Cloud Trust,” which is the new Windows Hello for Business deployment method, will be introduced in the recent future through a monthly update.
You can perform a fresh installation of Windows 10 v21H2 using the ISO image, or upgrade your current build in the Release Preview channel using the given guide in this post. Regardless, users will continue to receive the monthly updates as per schedule.
Table of contents
We have already discussed the significant new features in Windows 10 v21H2 in this post. Let us now continue to see how you can download and install the ISO image, or upgrade your Windows 10 machine on the Release Preview channel.
Upgrade to Windows 10 version 21H2
To upgrade your Windows 10 build to the latest version 21H2, you need to be subscribed to the Windows Insider Release Preview channel. Once subscribed, follow the steps below to upgrade your OS:
- Open the Windows Update page within the Settings app and click Check for updates.
- Once the app scans for updates, you will see Feature Update to Windows 10, version 21H2. Click on Download and install under it.
- The update will then begin to download and then install. Once it is, click on Restart now.
- Your device will then restart. Once it does, it should be updated to version 21H2. You can confirm this by typing in winver in Run.
Since it is an optional preview (also known as “C” release), it needs to be installed manually. Unline the Patch Tuesday updates (also known as “B” release), C releases do not install themselves in case the user does not want to upgrade to the latest version/build.
Download Windows 10 version 21H2 ISO image
Alternatively, you can also download the Windows 10 v21H2 ISO file and perform a clean install. Follow the guide below to download it:
- Open the Windows Insider Preview Downloads page and log in with your Microsoft account registered with the Windows Insider Program.
- Now scroll down abd select Windows 10 Insider Preview (Release Preview Channel) – Build 19044.1288 from the drop-down menu and click Confirm.
- Next, select the language that you want to download the OS in and click Confirm.
- Now select your bit version: 32-Bit or 64-Bit. Your download will then start immediately.
You may then use the downloaded ISO image to create a bootable device and perform a clean installation.
Once you have installed Windows 10 v21H2, you will continue to receive the servicing updates through Windows Updates.
When will Windows 10 21H2 be released?
Microsoft announced that Windows 10 21H2 will be released in November 2021.
How do I get Windows 10 21H2?
You can upgrade to Windows 10 21H2 by subscribing to the Windows Insider Release Preview channel, check for updates, and then downloading and installing the feature update to Windows 10 21H2.
You can also download the Windows 10 21H2 ISO image by logging into the Windows Insider ISO download page and then selecting Windows 10 Insider Preview (Release Preview Channel) – Build 19044.1288.
- Windows 10 November 2021 (21H2) Update ISO Direct Download Links
- Download Windows 10 Version 21H2 Build 19044 ISO Files
- Download Windows 10 KB5007253 for 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 With Fixes
- Microsoft Releases Cumulative Preview Update KB5000842 to Windows 10 v20H2 & v2004
- Download Cumulative Update KB5006670 for Windows 10 v21H1, v20H2, and v2004