Fix: Laptop High Pitched Sound Problem Through The Speakers And Headphones
You may experience distorted and high-pitched sound coming out from your laptop’s speaker or even if you plugged the earphones or headphones. The faulty audio and sound configuration can cause this sound problem or may be your sound driver is not updated one or your playback devices settings are not correct.
In this article, I have tried to offer few solutions to remove this pinching and frustrating sound coming out of speakers and headphones. scroll below to find a suitable and right solution for you.
Change sample rate and bit depth of the speakers
The first solution you can apply is to set the settings of playback devices by going to Properties of it. Follow the steps below.
- Right click speaker icon from the tray of the system. And click “Playback devices” option.
- Click the Speaker and go for its properties by selecting Properties.
- Go to Advanced tab from Properties window. In the Default Format option, drag down menu is available. Select the highest level from drop down menu. Click Apply and then OK.
Hopefully, this will solve your issue and high pinching sound will stop coming from speakers or headphones.
Run Playing Audio Troubleshooter
Running the troubleshooter can solve the issue with the high sound of speakers. Troubleshooter will find the issue and try to fix it automatically. Apply following steps.
- Open Settings by pressing “Windows key +I”.and go to “Update and security”. Then select troubleshooting. Run the troubleshoot for audio.
- Troubleshooter will start finding the problems.
- It will ask you to select the device which is creating an issue for you.
- After some time, troubleshooter will complete its operation. And give you the message that problem is fixed. If it says the problem is not fixed then you can try other solutions.
Deselect “Listen To This Device” Option
- Open Control Panel, and go to Sound and Hardware, then select Sound. Go to Recording tab, and select the Properties of your device.
- A new window will open. Go to its Listen tab, and uncheck the check box “Listen to this device”.
- Now close all windows, and play any sound or music, and see if your speaker and headphones are working fine.
Update Sound Driver
If your driver is not updated, you may face the pinching sound from speakers. So update your driver by going to the manufacturer site of your laptop. Or update it manually by applying following steps.
- Go to Device Manger by typing Device Manager in Start Menu. Go to “sound, video and game controllers” from the list. It will expand all sound drivers. Right click on each driver and update it.
Wash out the error of unusual sound and voice coming out from laptop’s speakers and headphones and listen to plain and pleasant voice by applying above suitable solutions. Hopefully, you will easily apply the steps to remove the issue.
Must Read Articles:
- 4 Ways To Fix “Another App Is Controlling Your Sound At The Moment” Error In Windows 10
- How To Fix “No Audio Output Device is Installed” Error
- Fix Radeon Settings Version and Driver Version Do Not Match Error
- Fix: USB Audio Device Preventing Sleep in Windows 10
- Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes Error Fix