Fix Limited Or No Connectivity (No Internet Access) In Windows 10
If you are using Wifi or wired Ethernet to connect to the Internet, you would have come across a warning showing “Limited or no connectivity” or “No Internet access” in Windows 10 or also in Windows 8/8.1. Most of the times this is legitimate and shows that the network is connected while the computer can’t connect to the Internet. But sometimes this can be a false positive.
In this article we will discuss some scenarios to fix limited or no connectivity error in Windows 10.
Checking the network configuration
First things first, you should check the network configuration of your computer by going to Network Connections in Control Panel. Follow the steps below:
- You can directly open the Network Connections by Run –> ncpa.cpl.
- Double click the connection you want to check.
- Open Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP) properties
- Make sure everything is set to DHCP (If you are using DHCP in your network). Otherwise check your static configuration.
- You should especially check the DNS configuration.
- Change the DNS IPs to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 (Google DNS) and check if you get rid of the limited connectivity error.
I’m getting limited or no connectivity but I can connect to the Internet
This means that Windows is not able to detect the Internet properly or there is a problem with the network stack. To reset the network stack to a clean state, follow the instructions below:
- Open command prompt with administrative privileges (Windows Key + X + A)
- Run the following command:
netsh winsock reset
- This should reset the winsock to a clean state. Now restart your computer and check if your problem has been resolved.
Resetting the IP stack
If the above command does not fix the problem, then you will need to reset the TCP/IP stack. Here’s the command to reset TCP/IP:
netsh int ip reset
This should fix your limited or no connectivity error in Windows 10. The same commands can be used for Windows 8 and even Windows 7. Please let us know if you are still having problems. We’ll dig down the problem for a unique solution for you.