Avast is one of the leading security software provider in the world. It is popular especially because of its free antivirus product which products millions of PCs across the world and users can use the basic version without paying anything.
In an interesting development Avast has released Avast for Business Free Antivirus which also works on Server Operating Systems including Windows Server 2012. Currently there is rarely any free antivirus product for Windows Server OS.
Avast for Business Free Antivirus 2015 comes with a cloud management console to manage devices across your organization using a simple web console.
Some of the features of Avast for Business Free Antivirus 2015 are as follows:
- Easy signup and device management through web based management console.
- A robust reporting and alert system alerts the system administrators of vital information from all devices connected to the Avast console.
- Set it and forget it feature which lets you set the antivirus once and it keeps on working on its own.
- Manage and protect all devices in your business network anywhere, anytime from the could.
For PC Workstations
Supported Operating Systems include Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and even Windows 10. Both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are supported.
Avast for Business free Antivirus 2015 will work on the following Server OS:
Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
Avast Antispam is available for Microsoft Exchange Server. It also works properly when other Microsoft servers are installed like Sharepoint server etc.
In my opinion, Avast has come to rescue in the field which was largely left barren by other major security software providers. Since this cloud antivirus management product is still in beta at the time of this writing, I experienced quite a few crashes of the management console. The cloud console was also very slow the respond and load.
If you are running it on your system startup, make sure you give it a lot of time to start as it has quite a high impact on Windows startup.
Signup, download and installation
For running Avast for Business free Antivirus 2015 in your network, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Go to Avast for Business page and click on the Sign up now button.
- Follow the instructions and create an Avast account.
- Sign in to your account to Avast Business management console.
- The console will give you a message that “There are still now devices in your network”. Click on the Add new devices button.
- The next screen will give you two options, either you can download the Avast business antivirus installer on the device on which you have opened the management console or email you a link to the installer so that you may be able to download it on another device of yours.
- Once installed, you may enjoy the seamless working of the antivirus on all your network devices.
I hope this antivirus will make your all your network workstations secure for free. I love this product from Avast especially because it works on my Windows Server 2012 R2 for free. What are your thoughts about this free antivirus? Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments below.