How To Remove Advertisements In Skype
Skype has always been my favorite instant messaging tool. I also liked to use Google Messenger but it was discontinued by Google in favor of Google+. Microsoft has been showing advertisements in Skype window for quite a while but those advertisements were not so intrusive. Usually the ads were placed on the lower left corner of Skype window which was ignored by most users.
But recently Microsoft has been busy bombarding Skype with a lot of advertisements. These ads have been placed on the most intrusive places like the chat window or the Home screen. I didn’t have any problem with the advertisements but it became very annoying when Microsoft started automatically playing videos on Home screen which had to be stopped for good.
I will show the latest method to get rid of all these advertisements in Skype. Just follow the instructions below:
- Go to Control Panel (Run –> control) ( Windows Key + X + P)
- Go to Network and Internet –> Internet Options
- Go to Security tab
- Select Restricted Sites. Click on Sites and add the following:
- Restart Skype and the ads will not show up in the Skype chat window.
If you want to remove ads from all Microsoft apps including Microsoft Office, follow the instructions below:
- Open this file with administrative privileges:
- Add the following lines at the end of hosts file:
This should remove Microsoft ads altogether. You can revert these settings any time to re-enable Microsoft ads in Skype and other Microsoft programs.
Must Read Articles:
- 3 Ways To Block Skype From Automatic Login in Outlook.com Webmail
- Fix Error: Please Install Skype from the Microsoft Store for the Best Experience
- Download Skype 7.40 Offline Installer For All Operating Systems
- Skype 7.18 Offline Installers And Silent Install Guide
- Skype 6.14 Offline Installer Direct Download Links