- Intel Arc and Iris Xe 18.104.22.16899 (Beta) graphics driver supports Counter-Strike 2, F1 23, Aliens: Dark Descent, and Forever Skies on Intel Arc A series devices.
- Includes performance optimizations for Counter-Strike 2, F1 23, and Destiny 2, amongst other fixes.
You can now download the Intel Arc & Iris Xe graphics driver version 22.214.171.12499 which is currently in Beta version. Regardless, at the time of writing this post, it is the only Intel graphics driver that supports the upcoming games Counter-Strike 2, F1 23, Aliens: Dark Descent, and Forever Skies on Intel Arc A series devices.
Moreover, this release also includes performance enhancements for some games on other GPU hardware.
Since it is the Beta version, it is advised not to install this driver on production and live environments. However, if you are a gamer, and want to test out the new games before everyone else, then go ahead and download the Intel Arc & Iris Xe graphics driver 126.96.36.19999 using the direct download link below.
In this post, we also go through the complete changelog and see if it is worth updating.
This Page Covers
Download Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 188.8.131.5299 (Beta)
Click on the given link below to download the Intel Arc and Iris Xe graphics driver version 184.108.40.20699 (Beta):
To automatically detect which drivers your device may require, you can use Intel’s Driver and Support Assistant, which automatically detects, downloads, and installs any driver updates installed on your hardware. Here is a complete guide on how to use it to install the graphics drivers.
Alternatively, you can simply download the .exe file from the link above and run the file to install the driver. Once you run the Intel driver downloaded file, follow the onscreen installation wizard instructions and complete the installation with a system restart.
Note: Installing this Intel graphics driver will overwrite your computer manufacturer’s (OEM) customized driver.
Intel Arc & Iris Xe Driver 220.127.116.1199 (Beta) Changelog
Support and Performance Improvements
- Support has been added for the following games on Intel Arc A-series graphics:
- Counter-Strike 2
- F1 23
- Aliens: Dark Descent
- Forever Skies
- Performance improvements have been made in the following titles:
- Counter-Strike 2
- F1 23
- Up to 33% uplift at 1080p with Ultra High settings with Ray Tracing off
- Up to 18% uplift at 1080p with Ultra High settings with Ray Tracing on
- Up to 27% uplift at 1440p with High settings
- Destiny 2
- Up to 11% uplift at 1080p with the Highest settings
The following list of fixes has been implemented with this Beta release:
- Destiny 2 experiencing less-than-expected performance or stuttering during gameplay is fixed.
- A blank screen or error in certain applications when embedding content using WebView2 is now addressed.
With these improvements and fixes, there are a few issues with this update as well.
- Intel Arc Processors:
- The system may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encoding with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Some users may experience a crash in F1 23 when changing the XeSS presets. Intel and the developer are aware of the issue and a fix will be coming in a future game patch.
- Intel Iris Xe MAX Processors:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. A system reboot and re-installation of the graphics driver may be required for successful installation.
- Intel Core Processors:
- Total War: Warhammer III (DX11) may experience an application crash when loading battle scenarios.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 (DX12) may exhibit corruption on certain light sources such as fire.
- Conqueror’s Blade (DX12) may experience an application crash during the game launch.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (DX12) may experience application instability during gameplay.
To read further about the fixes and the known issues, read the Release Notes.
Intel CPU and Operating System Support for Intel Arc & Iris Xe Driver 18.104.22.16899 (Beta)
The table below shows which Windows versions support the graphics driver with the corresponding Intel CPU, summarizing both the operating system version with the processor family:
You can also install your GPU drivers from the built-in Device Manager in Windows. Here is a complete guide to checking your driver version and installing new drivers.
If you want support for new games and other cool features, the Beta driver version might be best for you. Although Intel may need to work out some kinks, you get the added benefit of trying out the latest games as soon as they are released.
Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver Release History
|Complete Version||Release Date||Highlights||Release Notes|
|22.214.171.12424||14-Sep-23||– Included support for Mortal Kombat 1, The Crew Motorfest|
– Fixes gameplay issues
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 126.96.36.19924 release notes|
|188.8.131.5272||4-Sep-23||– Support SYNCED|
– Fixes issues with Starfield
– Still several known issues with games
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 184.108.40.20672 release notes|
|220.127.116.1144||15-Aug-23||– includes support for Madden NFL 24, Wayfinder|
– Fixes app-crash issues in Blender 3.6 and UNCHARTERED: Legacy of Thieves
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 18.104.22.16844 release notes|
|22.214.171.12476 (Beta)||24-Jul-23||-Fixes texture corruption and flickering in Remnant 2 and World War Z||Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 126.96.36.19976 (Beta) release notes|
|188.8.131.5214 (Beta)||27-Jun-23||– Includes support for AEW: Fight Forever, Layers of Fear|
– Performance gains for Assasin’s Creed Unity, F1 22, deathloop
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 184.108.40.20614 (Beta) release notes|
|220.127.116.1199 (Beta)||14-Jun-23||– Includes support for CS2, F1 23, Aliens: Dark Descent, and Forever Skies on Intel Arc A series devices.|
– Performance gains in CS 2, F1 23, and Destiny 2.
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 18.104.22.16899 (Beta) release notes|