Just 2 weeks ago, Intel released the Arc and Iris graphics driver version 188.8.131.5299, which was a Beta release. Now, they have released another update, which is version 184.108.40.20614; also Beta.
This release includes support for some new titles as well as performance improvements for already-supported games.
Since it is the Beta version, it is advised not to install this driver on production and live environments. However, if you are a gamer, and want to test out the new games before everyone else, then go ahead and download the Intel Arc & Iris Xe graphics driver 220.127.116.1114 using the direct download link below.
In this post, we also go through the complete changelog and see if it is worth updating.
This page covers
Download Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 18.104.22.16814 (Beta)
Click on the given link below to download the Intel Arc and Iris Xe graphics driver version 22.214.171.12499 (Beta):
To automatically detect which drivers your device may require, you can use Intel’s Driver and Support Assistant, which automatically detects, downloads, and installs any driver updates installed on your hardware. Here is a complete guide on how to use it to install the graphics drivers.
Alternatively, you can simply download the .exe file from the link above and run the file to install the driver. Once you run the Intel driver downloaded file, follow the onscreen installation wizard instructions and complete the installation with a system restart.
Note: Installing this Intel graphics driver will overwrite your computer manufacturer’s (OEM) customized driver.
Intel Arc & Iris Xe driver 126.96.36.19914 (Beta) changelog
Support and Performance Improvements
- Support has been added for the following games on Intel Arc A-series graphics:
- AEW: Fight Forever
- Layers of Fear
- Performance improvements have been made in the following titles:
- Assassin’s Creed Unity
- o Up to 271% uplift at 1080p with Very High settings
- o Up to 313% uplift at 1440p with High settings
- F1 22
o Up to 36% uplift at 1080p with High settings
o Up to 20% uplift at 1440p with High settings
o Up to 10% uplift at 1080p with Ultra High settings and all Ray Tracing settings on
o Up to 10% uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
o Up to 8% uplift at 1440p with Very High settings
- Assassin’s Creed Unity
With these improvements and fixes, there are a few issues with this update as well.
- Intel Arc Processors:
- The system may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encoding with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Some users may experience a crash in F1 23 when changing the XeSS presets. Intel and the developer are aware of the issue and a fix will be coming in a future game patch.
- Intel Iris Xe MAX Processors:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. A system reboot and re-installation of the graphics driver may be required for successful installation.
- Intel Core Processors:
- Total War: Warhammer III (DX11) may experience an application crash when loading battle scenarios.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 (DX12) may exhibit corruption on certain light sources such as fire.
- Conqueror’s Blade (DX12) may experience an application crash during the game launch.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (DX12) may experience application instability during gameplay.
To read further about the fixes and the known issues, read the Release Notes.
Intel CPU and OS support for Intel Arc & Iris Xe driver 188.8.131.5214 (Beta)
The table below shows which Windows versions support the graphics driver with the corresponding Intel CPU, summarizing both the operating system version with the processor family:
You can also install your GPU drivers from the built-in Device Manager in Windows. Here is a complete guide to checking your driver version and installing new drivers.
If you want support for new games and other cool features, the Beta driver version might be best for you. Although Intel may need to work out some kinks, you get the added benefit of trying out the latest games as soon as they are released.
Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver Release History
|Complete Version||Release Date||Highlights||Release Notes|
|184.108.40.20624||14-Sep-23||– Included support for Mortal Kombat 1, The Crew Motorfest|
– Fixes gameplay issues
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 220.127.116.1124 release notes|
|18.104.22.16872||4-Sep-23||– Support SYNCED|
– Fixes issues with Starfield
– Still several known issues with games
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 22.214.171.12472 release notes|
|126.96.36.19944||15-Aug-23||– includes support for Madden NFL 24, Wayfinder|
– Fixes app-crash issues in Blender 3.6 and UNCHARTERED: Legacy of Thieves
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 188.8.131.5244 release notes|
|184.108.40.20676 (Beta)||24-Jul-23||-Fixes texture corruption and flickering in Remnant 2 and World War Z||Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 220.127.116.1176 (Beta) release notes|
|18.104.22.16814 (Beta)||27-Jun-23||– Includes support for AEW: Fight Forever, Layers of Fear|
– Performance gains for Assasin’s Creed Unity, F1 22, deathloop
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 22.214.171.12414 (Beta) release notes|
|126.96.36.19999 (Beta)||14-Jun-23||– Includes support for CS2, F1 23, Aliens: Dark Descent, and Forever Skies on Intel Arc A series devices.|
– Performance gains in CS 2, F1 23, and Destiny 2.
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 188.8.131.5299 (Beta) release notes|