Intel has released the Arc and iris Xe graphics driver version 22.214.171.12472. Although this is a basic driver update, it serves as a hotfix for the recently launched game “Starfield.” Since it does not include only fixes for that particular game, this release has not been announced as a hotfix.
Additionally, this is a non-Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) update, meaning it has not been tested on Windows systems before publishing. But that does not mean that it won’t work with Windows operating systems – it just hasn’t been tested like most other driver releases.
Use the direct download link below to download this Intel driver update for your supported hardware.
Table of Contents
This page covers
Download Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 126.96.36.19972
Click on the given link below to download the Intel Arc and Iris Xe graphics driver version 188.8.131.5272:
To automatically detect which drivers your device may require, you can use Intel’s Driver and Support Assistant, which automatically detects, downloads, and installs any driver updates installed on your hardware. Here is a complete guide on how to use it to install the graphics drivers.
Alternatively, you can simply download the .exe file from the link above and run the file to install the driver. Once you run the Intel driver downloaded file, follow the onscreen installation wizard instructions and complete the installation with a system restart.
Note: Installing this Intel graphics driver will overwrite your computer manufacturer’s (OEM) customized driver.
Intel Arc & Iris Xe driver 184.108.40.20672 changelog
Game title support
Support for the following title has been included in Intel Iris & Xe graphics driver 220.127.116.1172 for Intel Arc A-series GPUs:
The following improvements have been included in this update which specifically apply to Starfield:
- Game load duration is significantly reduced.
- The game experiencing instability and application crashes while launching and during gameplay is fixed.
- The game exhibiting texture corruptions and scene flickers during gameplay is fixed.
With these fixes, there are a few issues with this update as well.
- Intel Arc Processors:
- Starfield may experience application instability in some areas of the game.
- Starfield may exhibit corruption when using Dynamic Resolution Scaling. A workaround is to change
the Render Resolution Scale slider value.
- Starfield may exhibit texture flickering on light sources during gameplay.
- Starfield may exhibit low texture details on certain objects in the game.
- UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection may exhibit texture corruption on characters.
- Halo Infinite campaign may experience an application crash on some system configurations.
- Dead by Daylight may experience an application crash during gameplay.
- Topaz Video AI* may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Adobe After Effects* may experience an application crash during render operations.
- Device fan may ramp up frequently on certain Intel Arc Graphics products.
To read further about the fixes and the known issues, read the Release Notes for Intel Arc and Iris Xe Graphics Driver 18.104.22.16872.
Intel CPU and OS support for Intel Arc & Iris Xe driver 22.214.171.12472
The table below shows which Windows versions support the graphics driver with the corresponding Intel CPU, summarizing both the operating system version with the processor family:
You can also install your GPU drivers from the built-in Device Manager in Windows. Here is a complete guide to checking your driver version and installing new drivers.
This driver release fixes critical in-game and launching issues in Starfield. However, it also introduces some issues with the same game, and with others. Note that these are only the known issues; there might be even more that come to light from user feedback.
That said, after considering all the pros and cons if you do not play the Starfield game, you may want to hold off from installing this driver release.
Intel Arc, Iris Xe, Core Ultra Graphics Driver Release History
|Support for Nightingale & Pacific Drive, performance improvements and fixes for several gaming titles, combined driver update for Intel Arc, Iris Xe, and Core Ultra processors
|Intel Arc, Iris Xe, Core Ultra Graphics Driver 126.96.36.19972 release notes
|Fixes performance issues in Starfield
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 188.8.131.5272 release notes
|Color flickering fixed in Starfield, water and reflective corruptions fixed in Alan Wake 2
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 184.108.40.20653 release notes
|Support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, The Talos Principle 2, Robocop: Rogue City, Star Ocean II R, Like a Dragon. Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
Significant FPS performance improvements in multiple games
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 220.127.116.1152 release notes
|Support for Alan Wake 2, Cities: Skylines 2, WRC, Ghostrunner 2
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 18.104.22.16800 release notes
|– Support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III (Open Beta), Total War: PHARAOH, Lords of the Fallen
– In-game and other app performance improvements
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 22.214.171.12487 release notes
|– Included support for Mortal Kombat 1, The Crew Motorfest
– Fixes gameplay issues
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 126.96.36.19924 release notes
|– Support SYNCED
– Fixes issues with Starfield
– Still several known issues with games
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 188.8.131.5272 release notes
|– includes support for Madden NFL 24, Wayfinder
– Fixes app-crash issues in Blender 3.6 and UNCHARTERED: Legacy of Thieves
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 184.108.40.20644 release notes
|-Fixes texture corruption and flickering in Remnant 2 and World War Z
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 220.127.116.1176 (Beta) release notes
|– Includes support for AEW: Fight Forever, Layers of Fear
– Performance gains for Assasin’s Creed Unity, F1 22, deathloop
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 18.104.22.16814 (Beta) release notes
|– Includes support for CS2, F1 23, Aliens: Dark Descent, and Forever Skies on Intel Arc A series devices.
– Performance gains in CS 2, F1 23, and Destiny 2.
|Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics Driver 22.214.171.12499 (Beta) release notes