Download Latest Intel Graphics DCH Drivers (188.8.131.5223) With Windows 10 Version 1909 Compatibility
Intel has updated its graphics driver to version 184.108.40.20623. This update brings in the support for Windows 10 Version 1909 which is still to be released soon. If you have disabled driver updates from Windows Update, then you will need to download and install the drivers manually. We will give the download links to the newest update at the end of this article.
Another highlight of the Intel’s graphics driver’s new version is the support for YUV 420 on Display Port (DP) for 10th generation Core processors. YUV is a standard for colors like RGB. YUV files contain image data such as brightness(Y), color (Chrominance) as U and V values. It is more efficient then RGB or other image formats. With YUV, the images become more compressible and high quality. You can read more about YUV 420 here.
The following issues were fixed in the newest release of Intel graphics drivers:
- Intermittent crash or hang may be observed when resizing Ultra-HD Blu-Ray PowerDVD playback on an external
monitor from full-screen mode to windowed mode.
- Minor graphical anomalies may be observed in Arma 3*, Creo.
- The screen may blink during the loading of the 3DMark Time Spy benchmark.
- A system hang may be observed when unplugging detachable internal panels.
- Graphical anomalies may be observed on opening system lid and resuming from sleep when the system connected
to the external monitor via HDMI.
- Security improvements for 10th Gen Intel Core processors with Iris Plus graphics.
- Fixed limited color range issue when the display is duplicated to external USB-C display on 10th Gen Intel Core processors with Iris Plus graphics.
- Intel Direct3D 11 extension fixes.
- Vulkan exclusive mode loading time Improvements.
There are some known issues with the new graphics drivers. Some users may observe minor graphics anomalies in NextPVR and Code Vein. If you want to run the 3DMark benchmark tests on your computer, make sure you are running the latest version of Windows 10 Version 1903. If you are running the build 329, the tests may not complete and will be stuck in the middle.
The latest version of Intel graphics card drivers 220.127.116.1123 is compatible with most supported versions of Windows including the following:
- Microsoft Windows® 10-64 – Fall Creators Update (1709)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – April 2018 Update (1803)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – October 2018 Update (1809)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – November 2019 Update (1909)
If you have any of the Windows versions listed above, and you also have an Intel graphics card, you should update its driver to the latest one.
The system requirements include the following Intel chipsets/processors:
- 6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Skylake)
- 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Kaby Lake)
- 8th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake)
- 9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Coffee Lake-R)
- 10th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Ice Lake)
- Amber Lake
- Apollo Lake
- Gemini Lake
- Whiskey Lake
- Comet Lake
There are two ways to update. Either you should wait for Windows Update to get the updated driver for you or you can also download and install the drivers for yourself. The download links are given below.
Here are some details about the driver:
- Build Date: October 7, 2019
- WHQL cert. and signed from October 18, 2019
Here are the Intel graphics driver release notes (PDF file)
Download Intel Graphics Drivers
There are two types of downloads on the download page. One will download the executable which you can run and follow the instructions to automatically install and upgrade the Intel graphics driver.
The second file is a zip file. If you download the zip file, you should extract the contents of the zip file to a folder. Here you can run igxpin.exe or you could use the Device Manager to find and install the drivers on your system.