Intel has released the latest drivers for its graphics cards, Wifi and Bluetooth devices that fixes bugs in DirectX 12 while playing games like Fortnite, Trials of mana and HALO. The latest version of the graphics driver is 188.8.131.5285. The new drivers are for both consumers and enterprises in 64-bit and 32-bit versions.
If you have disabled driver updates from Windows Update, then you will need to download and install the drivers manually. We will provide the download links to the latest update at the end of this article.
Since Intel processors and motherboards are mostly used by laptop manufacturers, it’s important to install the updated drivers.
Let’s go through some of the changelogs and then we’ll discuss how to download and install the latest version of Intel drivers. These DCH drivers include the graphics drivers as well as Wifi and bluetooth drivers. We will discuss all of them.
Graphic Driver Version 184.108.40.20685
Intel is updating its DCH graphics drivers to version 220.127.116.1185 which would fix several bugs and have improvements such as support for new games and also resolved bug when the image are not in sync with sound when playing an HDR video via Windows 10’s Movies & TV app. Another bug where Windows 10 renders a black screen when playing a video in full-screen mode, has been fixed
The update is compatible with PCs with:
- 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th generation Intel processors
- Celeron processors with HD Graphics 510, 505, 500 and UHD Graphics 605 and 600
Graphics driver updates are available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 and for the following family of processors:
Apollo Lake, Gemini Lake, Amber Lake, Whiskey Lake, and Comet Lake, Braswell, 4th and 5th generations and Baytrail and 3rd generation.
Since it is a DCH driver, it is recommended to be installed on a PC with Windows 10 May 2019 Update or newer.
Bluetooth Driver Version 21.80.2
Bluetooth bugs have also been fixed with the updated drivers. Include a bug where Bluetooth will disconnect randomly for no particular reason. Another bug that has been fixed is where Bluetooth file transfers may fail if you use Bluetooth HFP or A2DP audio streaming. Driver updates are only available for the following Dual Band wireless series:
AC 3165, AC 3168, AC 7265, AC 8260, AC 8265, AC 8265, Desktop Kit and N 7265.
And for the following Tri-Band series:
- AC 17265
- AC 18260
- AC 18265
The driver is also valid for the following wireless adapters if you have them in your laptop:
- Wireless-AC 9260
- Wireless-AC 9461
- Wireless-AC 9462
- Wireless-AC 9560
- Wireless-N 7265
The Bluetooth driver has been updated to version 21.80.2 and is available for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1
Wi-Fi Driver Version
Bug fixes have also been done with the Wi-Fi driver update such as:
- Upon resuming from Sleep mode on systems with Modern Standby, the Wi-Fi network scan list will not be empty
- When the system connected to Wi-Fi 6 network, Wi-Fi 6 enabled cellphones fail to connect to the Mobile hotspot at 5 GHz. This bug has now been resolved.
- No more file transfer randomly failing during transfer between cellphone and PC
- The issue of Wireless-AC 3165 disappearing from the device manager hardware list after resuming from Sleep or hibernation has been solved
The update is only valid for the following Wi-Fi adapters:
Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit2, Wi-Fi 6 AX2012, Wi-Fi 6 AX2002, Wireless-AC 95602, Wireless-AC 94622, Wireless-AC 94612, Wireless-AC 92602, Dual-Band Wireless-AC 82652, Dual Band Wireless-AC 82602, Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168, Wireless 7265 (Rev D) Family, Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
How to update the drivers
It is important to keep your PC updated with the latest drivers in order to keep the system’s performance intact. You can update these drivers by downloading them manually, or you can use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) for automatic driver updates from Intel. However, I am also providing individual links so you can download manually as well.
Download for Intel Driver & Support Assistance: (For Automatic update)
Download for Graphic Drivers
You can find all the information about Graphic driver with respect to Driver’s type, Operating system it is valid for and its version
Download for Wireless Drivers
This is applicable for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Open this link and you will find Wi-fi drivers as well
If you are unable to download the driver updates, one of the reasons can be the specification requirements. Make sure to check the specs of your system first and then manually download the driver updates that match those specifications.
Intel Graphics DCH Drivers (18.104.22.16823) Changelog
Another highlight of Intel’s graphics driver version 22.214.171.12423 is the support for YUV 420 on Display Port (DP) for 10th generation Core processors. YUV is a standard for colors like RGB. YUV files contain image data such as brightness(Y), color (Chrominance) as U and V values. It is more efficient then RGB or other image formats. With YUV, the images become more compressible and high quality. You can read more about YUV 420 here.
The following issues were fixed in the newest release of Intel graphics drivers:
- Intermittent crash or hanging may be observed when resizing Ultra-HD Blu-Ray PowerDVD playback on an external
monitor from full-screen mode to windowed mode.
- Minor graphical anomalies may be observed in Arma 3*, Creo.
- The screen may blink during the loading of the 3DMark Time Spy benchmark.
- A system hang may be observed when unplugging detachable internal panels.
- Graphical anomalies may be observed on the opening system lid and resuming from sleep when the system is connected
to the external monitor via HDMI.
- Security improvements for 10th Gen Intel Core processors with Iris Plus graphics.
- Fixed limited color range issue when the display is duplicated to external USB-C display on 10th Gen Intel Core processors with Iris Plus graphics.
- Intel Direct3D 11 extension fixes.
- Vulkan exclusive mode loading time Improvements.
There are some known issues with the new graphics drivers. Some users may observe minor graphics anomalies in NextPVR and Code Vein. If you want to run the 3DMark benchmark tests on your computer, make sure you are running the latest version of Windows 10 Version 1903. If you are running the build 329, the tests may not be completed and will be stuck in the middle.
Here are some details about the driver:
- Build Date: October 7, 2019
- WHQL cert. and signed from October 18, 2019
Here are the Intel graphics driver release notes (PDF file)
- Download Latest Nvidia Drivers To Keep Your System Up To Date
- How To Install, Backup and Restore Windows 10 Drivers
- How To Fix A Driver Can’t Load On This Device Error In Windows 10
- 2 Ways To Backup Your Windows Device Drivers
- 5 Tools to Update Drivers Automatically in Windows 10