Intel has released an update for its drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices. The version for the Wi-Fi is 22.90.0, whereas the version of its Bluetooth driver is 22.90.2. These drivers are released as Universal Windows Drivers (UWD), as the drivers that were non-compliant with UWD design principles have been removed from this release, as well as the rest to follow.
The company is one of the leading organizations that manufacture microchips, including the wireless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapters that are commonly used by different PC manufacturers around the world. For November 2021, Intel has decided to release 2 different driver versions for their line of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth products.
This update, and probably all other updates to follow, will include the support for Windows 11 which was released on 5th October 2021. You can download Intel’s latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers using the direct download links given below.
Table of contents
- Download Intel Wi-Fi Driver v22.90.0
- Download Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver v22.90.2
- How to Install Intel Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Drivers
- Intel Wi-Fi Driver v22.90.0 Changelog
- Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver v22.90.2 Changelog
- Final Thoughts
Download Intel Wi-Fi Driver v22.90.0
For Windows 11
For Windows 10
Download Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver v22.90.2
Unlike the previous Bluetooth driver releases, Intel has released only a single Bluetooth driver which is compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10 64-bit, and Windows 10 32-Bit. Click on the link below to download the driver.
How to Install Intel Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Drivers
Once you have downloaded the respective driver(s), the process to install it is simple.
Note: The process for installing both Wi-Fi and Wireless Bluetooth drivers is almost the same as the example given below. In the case of the Wireless Bluetooth driver, you may need to perform an additional step to choose the type of installation. If so, select “Typical.”
- Run the downloaded .exe file by double-clicking it. The installation wizard will now launch. On the first screen, click Next.
- Next, agree to the End User License Agreement by checking the box below and then click Install.
- The driver will then begin installation and the process should not take more than more than a minute. When done, click Finish.
The driver will now be successfully installed, automatically replacing the older version.
Intel Wi-Fi Driver v22.90.0 Changelog
Intel had already added support for Windows 11 in the last few releases. This update brings only 2 fixes for the same operating system, which is windows 11. Below are the details:
Learn to install Windows 11. You can also install Windows 11 while bypassing the system requirements check.
- Windows 11
- Windows Stop Errors, also known as Blue Screen of Death (BSoD), have been resolved which occured under certain conditions.
- The signal strength reported being lower in a 6 GHz band than the actual has been fixed.
Here is a list of the supported Wi-Fi hardware compatible with this driver:
- Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+)
- Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+)
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200
- Intel Wireless-AC 9560
- Intel Wireless-AC 9461/ 9462
- Intel Wireless-AC 9260
To learn more about the Wi-Fi driver version 22.80.1, read the Release Notes.
Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver v22.90.2 Changelog
The following changes and fixes are implemented with this version of the Bluetooth driver:
- The drivers that are non-compliant with UWD design principles will no longer be included in this release, or any future driver update for that matter.
- The issue of the Bluetooth adapter not working entirely or a yellow exclamation mark displaying in the Device Manager has been fixed which usually occured after a system reboot or enabling/disabling the Airplane Mode.
The following Bluetooth adapters are supported with this driver update:
- Windows 11:
- Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211
- Windows 11 and Windows 10:
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201
To learn more about the Wireless Bluetooth driver version 22.90.2, read the Release Notes.
If you have the hardware and a compatible operating system, we suggest that you upgrade your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers immediately to this build. This is because these fix several critical issues that prevent your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth adapter to function properly or prevent your OS from crashing with a BSoD entirely.