One thing that even the Android device users adore about iPhone is their emojis. With the recent updates of Android, we have seen that the emojis are not liked by most of the Android users. It makes messages appear ugly, so the best alternative for this would be to use the iOS styled emoji set. This can be achieved using a very simple method which is given below.
Given below are two methods, one provided for a rooted Android Phone and other for an Unrooted Android. Both methods are really simple and no worries if your Android phone is not rooted, this article covers the unrooted version as well.
Get iPhone Emojis for Android phone with root
This method can help you install and use iPhone emojis for Android and is a fairly simple method. For this, you need download IOS emoji Magisk Module which is a zip file of IOS emoji package. Just download this zip file and install this on Your Android phone.
- Download the emoji zip file from the link given below:
Download Link: https://github.com/theobch/ios10-Emoji/releases/download/v2/ios10.zip
- After Downloading the app and install it on your phone. If it asks for any permission, grant it. You will need to enable unknown sources to install Android apps provided outside of the Google Play store.
- After installing the emoji Magisk modules, open the app and click on the add ‘+’ button at the bottom and from the options that now appear select “emoji.zip” file, wait for this module to install, after installation a dialogue box opens and press “reboot” on it.
- After reboot, you will be able to use iPhone emojis from your keyboard.
There you go. It is really easy to do this and one good thing about emoji Magisk module is that while installing it, it does not leave any modified files that you might have to clean up after using it.
Get iOS emojis on Android without rooting your phone
There are some apps on Google Play Store that make you believe that you are using iPhone emojis for Android but in reality, it actually does not change the format of it in your messages and is received same as an Android emoji. So in order to actually make a change in the format, we need to install an app called “emoji font 3” to install emoji fonts system-wide for all messaging apps.
- As this app has been removed in the Play Store, you can install it on your Android Phone using the apk file. Download the apk file from the link below:
Download Link: https://emoji-font-3.en.aptoide.com/
If while installing your unrooted Android does not give you permission then go to settings and turn on the unknown sources.
- After you have downloaded the apk file,it opens an app store called “aptoide” (this is like an app store for rooted version Android phones). Now look for emoji font 3 and install it on your device.
- Now after installing it, you need to make some changes in your Android settings. Go to Settings –> Display –> Font style, Now click on it and you will get various options. From these options select emoji font 3.
- After this, you might notice a change in the font but try changing the size of the font and it should fix the problem for you.
- After installing that, download and install the Google Keyboard by the name of “Gboard” from Play Store. Most stock Android Phones (like Samsung Galaxy) are already using the Google keyboard so if you have a stock Android Phone you can skip this step.
- After downloading and installing it, click on “select input method” and select Gboard from it. It will set the Google keyboard as your default keyboard.
That’s it, now you can enjoy the iPhone emoji keyboard for Android. It is a very simple and easy method for both Rooted and unrooted Android Phones.
Here are some smiley face emojis on your Android device after following the steps given above.
In conclusion, if you have a rooted Android device, you should definitely go with the first option. But if you don’t want to touch the software of your mobile, then you can go with the second option. Both options are good and keep your messaging conversations colorful and lively.
Interesting Reads Next:
- How To Run Android Applications On Windows or MacOS
- How to Send Text Messages (SMS) From Your Computer
- How To Measure Anything Using Your Smartphone Camera