Oracle has released Java 8 update 144. Users can download this update to upgrade their Java version to avail new features and better performance. Few new changes have been made and many bugs are fixed. Performance and security improvements have made.
See all the new changes that have made in Java 8 update 144 and download the update from the provided Offline Installers for your Operating System. For earlier versions of Java offline installers, you may see our Java category.
Check Java version
The first thing you should do is to check which Java version you are using on your machine. For this open Command Prompt window and type
Check for update
If your Java version isn’t the latest one, you can upgrade it manually from the control panel. If an update is present it will start installing, if not, then pop up a message that your Java version is already updated one.
Open Control Panel and go to Java.
Now go to the Update tab and click on “Update Now".
If any new update is available, the installer will start downloading the update, it will take 1-2 minute to complete the downloading and installing the Java update.
After installation completes, a confirmation window will say that your download is successful.
New Features in Java 8 Update 144
- The Java 8 update 144 contains IANA Time Zone data version 2017b which was previously 2016j.
The bugs which were reported in the earlier version is now fixed in the Java 8u144.
- The bug of “Jar file verification failing with SecurityException: digest missing xxx“, is fixed now.
- util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry() now always returns the ZipEntry instance with a / ended entry name for the directory entry. However, in earlier JDK releases, java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(String entryName)may return a ZipEntry instance with an entry name that does not end with/for an existing zip directory entry.
- The Java 8 Update 144 also includes fixes for security vulnerabilities.
- Java 8 update 144 will expire on October 17, 2017, and the new update will available for sure.
Offline Installer Link
Mac OS X
Download Java new version for your Operating System and upgrade it to use the new functions with more advanced and secure features.