Oracle never stops amazing us by releasing updates after updates on java. Java 8 update 161 is ready to be installed now with new features, changes and bug fixes. Update your old java version to this version in order to get benefit from its new and changed features.
Let’s first discuss about what is included in Java 8 Update 161 and then head towards the download section where we will list down all the direct download links to Java 8 Update 161 offline installers.
- 1 What’s new in Java 8 Update 161?
- 2 Changes released in this update
- 3 Bug Fixes
- 4 Expiry date
- 5 Check installed Java version
- 6 Check for update using Java Control Panel app
- 7 Java 8 Update 161 Direct Download Links
- 8 Verified Platforms
What’s new in Java 8 Update 161?
Support DHE sizes up to 8192 bits and DSA sizes up to 3072 bits: JDK security providers have been enhanced to support 3072 bits DHE and DSA parameters.
Support the TLS FFDHE mechanisms defined in RFC 7919:JDK sunJJSE implementation is now supporting the TLS FFDHE mechanism defined in RFC 7919.
Addition of additional IDL stub type checks to org.omg.CORBA.ORBstring_to_object method: Applications that are using org.omg.CORBA.ORBstring_to_object method explicitly or implicitly and wish to ensure the integrity of the IDL stub type involved in the the IDL stub type involved in the ORB::string_to_object call flow, should specify additional IDL stub type checking.
Changes released in this update
Java has released many changes in this update
- RSA public key validation.
- Restricting Diffie-Hellman keys that are less than 1024 bits.
- Stricter key generation.
- Enabling unlimited cryptography.
- The RMI Registry filter is relaxed to allow binding arrays of any type.
- Disable exportable cipher suites.
- Disable JARs signed with DSA keys less than 1024 bits.
- JMX Connections need deserialization filters.
Some notable bug fixes have been updated in this release.
Web-start applications will not launch when clicking on JNLP link from IE 11 on Windows 10 Creators Update when 64-bit JRE is installed. We have to uninstall 64-bit JRE and use only 32-bit JRE.
This version will expire with the release of the next critical patch update scheduled for 17th April 2018. As always, we will share the direct download links to the next version of Java run-time as soon as it is released.
Check installed Java version
The first thing you should do is to check which Java version you are using on your machine at the moment. For this. open Command Prompt window and type following command.
Check for update using Java Control Panel app
After checking the Java version, you may find whether your version is updated one or not. If it isn’t updated one then you can update it automatically via Control Panel app. You have to go ahead with following simple steps to update it.
- Open Control Panel and go to Java.
- Now go to Update tab and click on “Update Now”.
- If any new update is available, the installer will start downloading the update, it will take 1-2 minutes to complete the downloading and installing the Java update.
- After installation completes, a confirmation window will say that your download is successful.
Java 8 Update 161 Direct Download Links
Java 8 Update 161 is verified on following platforms.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Must Read Articles:
- Download Java 8 Update 171 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Java 8 Update 191 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Java 8 Update 181 Offline Installers Download
- Download Java 8 Update 91 Offline Installers
- Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers