Oracle has released yet another version of Java 8. Java 8 update 191 is ready to be installed now with new features, changes and bug fixes. Update your old java version to this version in order to get benefit from its new and changed features.
Let’s first discuss about what is included in Java 8 Update 191 and then head towards the download section where we will list down all the direct download links to Java 8 Update 191 offline installers.
What’s new in Java 8 Update 191
The latest update for Java 8 includes fixes and vulnerabilities that were patch in the Oracle critical patch update for October 2018. A total of 12 vulnerabilities have been fixed in the latest version of Java SE of which 11 vulnerabilities are of critical nature.
The importance of this update can be judged by the fact that 11 out of 12 identified vulnerabilities can be exploited remotely without any type of authentication. This is why it is highly recommended that if you are running Java 8, you should upgrade to Update 191.
This version will expire with the release of the next critical patch update scheduled for 15th January 2019. As always, we will share the direct download links to the next version of Java run-time as soon as it is released.
Check installed Java version
The first thing you should do is to check which Java version you are using on your machine at the moment. For this. open Command Prompt window and type following command.
Check for update using Java Control Panel app
After checking the Java version, you may find whether your version is updated one or not. If it isn’t updated one then you can update it automatically via Control Panel app. You have to go ahead with following simple steps to update it.
- Open Control Panel and go to Java.
- Now go to Update tab and click on “Update Now”.
- If any new update is available, the installer will start downloading the update, it will take 1-2 minutes to complete the downloading and installing the Java update.
- After installation completes, a confirmation window will say that your download is successful.
Java 8 Update 191 Direct Download Links
If you are a normal user and want to run Java applications then you will need the Java JRE and if you are a Java developer then you will need Java SDK. The SDK can be downloaded from here. For JRE downloads, refer to your respective platforms below:
Note: You can also download Java 11 SDK for installing the runtime environment of Java 11.
Download Java 8 update 191 for MacOS X (DMG) [76.15 MB]
Download Java 8 update 191 for Solaris x64 [50.14 MB]
Must Read Articles:
- Download Java 8 Update 171 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems
- Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers
- Java 8 Update 181 Offline Installers Download
- Download Java 8 Update 91 Offline Installers
- Java 8 Update 161 Offline Installers For All Operating Systems