The February cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1709 is available through Windows Update and can also be downloaded using our direct download links in this article. KB4074588 doesn’t add new features to the Operating System but installing it will make Windows 10 Version 1709 more stable and less buggy.
After installation of this update, the complete version of Windows 10 will be 10.0.16299.248. There have been reports of broken USB ports, context menu not showing text, inaccessible boot device error and some keyboard and mouse issues. I have personally installed this update on many of our computers in the office but am yet to face any issue.
Let’s go through the improvements and fixes included in KB4074588 and then download it for offline installation.
KB4074588 improvements and fixes
There quite a lot of improvements related to security and functionality, some of the major improvements include the following:
- There is a security feature in the Windows that allows parents to watch their children’s web history. The log can be obtained both for Microsoft edge and Internet Explorer. The history can be obtained through Microsoft family service application that allows you to monitor your child’s activity. The bug that was fixed, allowed the children to get access to In Private browsing even though there was supposed to be a parental check.
- There were some issues faced by the users where they were unable to properly dock or undock Internet explorer windows. This bug was also fixed in the cumulative update
- There was issue regarding the update of Internet explorer elements. The update resolved the issue.
- Keyboard languages could be altered using Alt+Shift, users were facing problem in addressing the issue.
- The blue tooth board used to drop a few keys whenever it reconnected. This issue was addressed in the update
- The mouse delays and the wrong battery status issue was also resolved through this update.
- The policy issue related to App-V client was also addressed with this update.
- The administrators have the liberty to choose the type of configuration that they would want for their App-V. The administrators will have multiple files to choose from.
Download KB4074588 cumulative update for Windows 10 ARM-64 based systems (Windows 10 Mobile) [688 MB]
Please note that Microsoft will automatically offer this update via Windows Update but if you want to have an offline copy of this update, you may download it from the above download links.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4093112 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 April 2018
- Download Cumulative KB4051963, KB4054022 for Windows 10 Version 1709 November 2017
- Download KB4093107 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 April 2018
- Download KB4054517 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 December 2017
- Download KB4093119 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 April 2018