The second Tuesday of October 2018 has just passed and Microsoft has released updates for its Windows products. In this article, our focus will be on discussion about Windows 10 updates for all supported versions which includes version 1809, 1803, 1709 and 1703.
Microsoft has released KB4464330 update to version 1809, KB4462937 update for version 1803, KB4462918 for version 1709 and KB4462937 update for version 1703 for the month of October 2018. You can download and install updates using Windows Update or using the direct download links of cumulative updates given in this article.
In updates for all version, no new features has been introduced but the bugs has been fixed and improvements have been made. The update for October 2 had been paused because of deletion of some user files . The users affected by this were very low but still the severity of the bug was high. This update has been released after that with fixation of that bug.
- 1 KB4464330 for Windows 10 Version 1809
- 2 KB4462937 for Windows 10 Version 1803
- 3 KB4462918 for Windows 10 Version 1709
- 4 Download Links
- 5 KB4462937 for Windows 10 Version 1703
- 6 Install updates Via Windows Update
- 7 Checking the version of Windows installed on your computer
- 8 Frequently asked questions about Windows cumulative updates
Most of the times the cumulative updates don’t come with new features but they are released for fixing existing bugs and improving the existing features. The most anticipated update was of Windows 10 Version 1809. After the release of version 1809 feature update, users were complaining that after upgrading, everything in their documents folder was deleted. KB4464330 is here to fix this issue. Let’s see how things go on in the details below.
One important thing to note from the Windows 10 Version 1809 fiasco is that users should always back up their data before installing any updates to avoid any damage or loss of data.
In this article we will discuss the new cumulative updates and the known issues in these updates. Beside that we will also provide offline installer links for updates in each version.
KB4464330 for Windows 10 Version 1809
As mentioned earlier, the biggest issue fixed in this cumulative update is of user documents getting deleted.
- Some user profiles get deleted immaturely due to incorrect time calculation. This bug has been fixed
- Some updates have been introduced in different applications of Windows like Internet Explorer, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Linux, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows MSXML, the Microsoft JET Database Engine etc
As the KB version has not been changed and the users with October 2 update reported the user profile deletion issue so it is highly possible that the issue has not been recovered completely.
KB4462937 for Windows 10 Version 1803
- Some security updates has been introduced in Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Peripherals, Windows Shell, Windows Kernel and several other windows applications
No known issues has till been observed.
KB4462918 for Windows 10 Version 1709
The changelog of this version is almost the same as that of version 1803 with some less security updates.The security updates has been introduced in this version in Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Shell, Windows Kernel and several other windows applications.
- When the users installed the update and they have turned the settings on of “Block only third parties cookies” and also they have applied certain language packs before installation, they may encounter a dialogue box while using Microsoft Edge .This dialogue box start with “Hosted by…”. In order to resolve this , simply dismiss the dialogue box
KB4462937 for Windows 10 Version 1703
This version contain security updates for Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, Windows Kernel, Windows Storage and File-systems, and Microsoft Scripting Engine.
- Same error has been encountered in this version as that of 1709 while opening Microsoft Edge with that settings. Microsoft is working on that issue in order to fix it in the next release
Install updates Via Windows Update
You can also install the updates by directly going through Windows Settings . Simple steps need to be followed for that.
- Press Windows + I and go to Updates and Security. Go to Windows Update and click Check Updates. It will ask for confirmation if there are any updates and then it will install downloading the updates . You have to restart your computer to implement the changes after downloading the updates.
Checking the version of Windows installed on your computer
In order to check which version of Windows is installed on your computer, Click Windows +R and enter winver. A window will appear which contains the information of the current version. According to the version, you can install that update for your Windows 10.
Frequently asked questions about Windows cumulative updates
People have been asking a few very common questions which we want to answer here.
What is a cumulative update?
Cumulative update is a combination of all the security updates released since last major update. It contains all the minor updates as a group so that if a user has missed any update, the cumulative update will make sure all the updates are installed on the system.
Is it really necessary to update Windows?
Each new update from Microsoft comes with many bug fixes, improvements and new features. So it is a good idea to update your Windows to get the latest features and new updates. But every time installing the new update is not necessary though because some updates may also cause issues for the user. That’s why it’s a good idea to go through the documentation of new updates being installed in Windows. We, at iTechtics, analyze each update so that user knows what is being installed.
How long will the new Windows cumulative update take to install?
Cumulative updates may take more time than other Windows Updates because many updates are installed from within the cumulative update. Typically it takes 20 to 40 minutes depending upon your system type, especially the hard drive performance.
How can I turn off automatic updates in Windows 10?
Click Windows +R and type gpedit.msc in run window. Press OK. Local Group Policy Editor will open. Go to Path Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update and double click Configure Automatic Updates. Check Disabled button click Apply and then click OK. This will turn off automatic updates of windows.
Can I uninstall recently installed Windows update?
Some updates can be uninstalled by going to Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update –> View Update History –> Uninstall Updates.
Must Read Articles:
- Windows 10 Cumulative Updates 2019 Direct Download Links
- Download KB4103714 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 May 2018
- Download KB4055254 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703
- Download KB4043961 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 October 2017
- Download Cumulative Update KB4040724 For Windows 10 Version 1703 September 2017