This release has the same KB number across all versions of Windows 10 for which it has been released for.
Get the full details on what this update has to offer and how to download it in the article.
What’s new in KB4577586
Adobe Flash Player has reached the end of its service life (EOL) as of December 30th. Since then, all major web browsers have updated their products to eliminate support for the Adobe Flash Player, including Firefox 85 and Chrome 88. Installing this update on your computer will wipe out the Adobe Flash Player from your computer forever.
Having said that, it will only be removed if it is installed by the operating system itself. Microsoft says that if you had installed Adobe Flash Player using another source, this update would not remove it.
This update only removes the Adobe Flash Player that was installed by your version of Windows. If you installed Adobe Flash Player manually from another source, it will not be removed.Microsoft
There are currently no known issues with this release and it is likely that there will be none as it does not bring any other security or non-security updates to the Windows platform.
Download Windows update KB4577586
Install KB4577586 using Windows Update
However, Microsoft claims that this release is an “Optional update.” However, it is installable using the regular Windows Update method.
To install this update using Windows Update, please go to
Start Menu –> Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update. In the right-hand pane, click on the Check for updates button. You will then be able to see the update and should install it automatically.
If you have not yet received this update, it is likely that it is yet to be publicly released in your region. If you are anxious to install it, you may use the offline installation links provided below.
Download offline installers for KB4577586
These updates can also be installed on any computer that has the relevant version of Windows 10, without having an internet connection. Download the offline installers below as per your Windows 10 version and platform requirements:
For Windows 10 Version 20H2
For Windows 10 Version 2004
For Windows 10 Version 1909
For Windows 10 Version 1903
For Windows 10 Version 1809
For Windows 10 Version 1803
For Windows 10 Version 1709
For Windows 10 Version 1703
For Windows 10 Version 1607
For Windows 10 Version 1507
To install the update, simply run the downloaded MSU file and Windows will automatically install the cumulative update. It should not take long as all of the updates are very small when compared to other regular updates by Microsoft.
You can check out your current Windows build by launching Run and then typing winver.
To download any other updates related to any of the above, please check the Microsoft Catalog.
Uninstall the cumulative updates
You can uninstall this update using the guide provided ahead in the article. However, let us warn you that uninstalling this update will not restore Adobe Flash Player. In case you want to restore Flash Player on your PC again, Microsoft suggests performing either of the following:
- Restore your device to an earlier time using a system restore point. This would only work if you had already created a restore point before installing this update.
- Reinstall the entire operating system and then not install this update.
Only these 2 methods would work if you want to continue using the Flash Player.
If you face any other issues with this update, here is a quick guide on how you can uninstall the update on your computer.
Uninstall updates using Windows Update History tool
- Navigate to the following:
Start Menu ->Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update.
- From the right-hand pane, click on View Update History.
- Now click on Uninstall updates.
- Select Update for Microsoft Windows with the relevant update name and press the Uninstall button.
Uninstall update using command-line
You can also delete the update by entering several commands in the Command Prompt. Here is how:
- Open Command Prompt (Run –> cmd)
- Run the following command:
wmic qfe list brief /format:table
- This will show all the updates installed on the computer. Make sure the relevant updates are on the list.
- To uninstall the update, run the following command
wusa /uninstall /kb:UpdateName
Replace UpdateName with the number from the update. For example, if the update that you want to uninstall is KB4577586, you will enter the following command:
wusa /uninstall /kb:4577586
Restart your computer once the update is removed.
Please note that even if you are able to uninstall this update, you will not be able to get the Flash Player back. It should be gone forever.
Cleanup after installing Windows Updates
If you want to save space after installing Windows updates, you can run the following commands:
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- Microsoft Releases Cumulative Preview Update KB5000842 to Windows 10 v20H2 & v2004
- Download And Install KB4556799 Windows 10 Cumulative Update For May 2020 [Version 1909, 1903]
- Download KB5000808 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1440
- Download Windows 10 Cumulative Updates for September 2021 (KB5005565)
- Cumulative Update KB5001330 for Windows 10 versions 2004 and 20H2