The March patch day comes with KB5000808 for Windows 10 Version 1909. After installing this cumulative update, the build number of the Operating System will become 18363.1440.
Please note that this is the last official update for Windows 10 Version 1909. After this update, there will be no update for users including all editions running this version (except for enterprise customers). If you are still using Version 1909, this is the time for you to consider upgrading to Windows 10 20H2 which is the latest version at this moment (Version 21H1 coming soon).
The next update, slated to arrive in April, will make Microsoft Edge (Legacy) unavailable for users. Only Edge Chromium will be supported afterwards.
The fixes and improvements of this update are almost the same as KB5000802 for Windows 10 20H2.
- Security updates for the Windows user interface.
- Updates to enhance security when Windows is executing basic operations.
- Security updates for Microsoft Office products.
Improvements and fixes
This update fixes an issue related to print jobs remaining in pending state and will remain in this error state until the spooler service is restarted. This issues is specifically indicated when print jobs are submitted to “FILE” port.
Security updates to the Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Apps, Windows User Account Control (UAC), Windows Virtualization, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge Legacy, and Windows Media.
System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 Version 1909 or earlier to the latest version. If you have already encountered this issue, you will need to rollback your previous version of Windows. You may need to use this trick to rollback Windows after 10 days.
Download KB5000808 cumulative update
Install KB5000808 using Windows Update
To install this update using Windows Update, please go to
Start Menu –> Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update. In the right-hand pane, click on the Check for updates button. You will then be able to see the update and should install it automatically.
Download offline installers for KB5000808
These updates can also be installed on any computer that has the relevant version of Windows 10, without having an internet connection. Download the offline installers below as per your Windows 10 version and platform requirements:
To install the update, simply run the downloaded MSU file and Windows will automatically install the cumulative update.
You can check out your current Windows build by launching Run and then typing winver.
To download any other updates related to any of the above, please check the Microsoft Catalog.
Uninstall KB5000808 using command-line
Since we have installed this update using Windows Update, it will not be listed in the list of updates but you can see it in the command line:
- Open Command Prompt (Run –> cmd)
- Run the following command:
wmic qfe list brief /format:table
- This will show all the updates installed on the computer. Make sure the relevant updates are on the list.
- To uninstall the update, run the following command
wusa /uninstall /kb:5000808
Restart your computer once the update is uninstalled.
Cleanup after installing Windows Updates
If you want to save space after installing Windows updates, you can run the following commands:
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- Download KB5000802 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 20H2 and 2004
- Download Windows 10 Cumulative Updates For July 2021 (KB5004237 + KB5004245)
- Download And Install KB4566782 Windows 10 Cumulative Update For August 2020 [Version 2004]
- Windows 10 Version 21H1 Build 19043.867 for Beta Channel Released
- Download And Install KB4556799 Windows 10 Cumulative Update For May 2020 [Version 1909, 1903]