In Windows 10 version 1709, Microsoft makes it mandatory to install Windows updates regularly. There is no permanent solution to disable Windows Updates in Windows 10.
If you think that your Windows operating system is taking too much of your Internet bandwidth, there is a way by which you can limit and control your bandwidth in Windows 10. If you are using Windows 10 old version, then the first thing you have to do is to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1709. You can either get this update via Windows Update, or download the ESD file to manually download the Windows on your machine. Both ways are described here in my article.
After installing the update, you can use the built-in feature in Windows 10 v1709 to limit your network’s bandwidth.
Limit Windows Updates Bandwidth Via Settings app
The built-in way is helpful in cases when you don’t want to use any third-party utility. And it is always good to use a built-in solution if your Operating System is providing you. Let’s see how you can limit your bandwidth with Windows 10 v1709.
- Open the Settings app by pressing “Windows +I” key, and go to “Update and Security” option.
- Then from the left-hand section, click on “Windows Update”. , now the window will be stretched on the left-hand side. Go to “Update Settings” and then “Advanced Options”.
- In the Advanced Options, go to “Pause Update” section and go with “Delivery Optimization” link.
- The Delivery Optimization window will open. Firstly, disable “Allow downloads from other PCs”. This will stop downloading updates for other PCs from your network connection, to control your data usage. And then, go to “Advanced Options”.
- When Advanced Options page will open, you can view the option to manage your bandwidth usage according to your requirement. By default, it is set to 45% that is enough, but if you want to make it less, you can scale it by moving the mouse left or right on the scale bar,
This is the easy and quick way to make your Windows enable to control your network’s bandwidth which has been used for Windows Update in the background. For some users, which do not like the built-in feature, they can go here to see some good third-party bandwidth management tools that can manage and control the bandwidth for internet connection. You may also want to check out which applications are using the highest amount of bandwidth in your computer.
- Download Avira 2019 Free Antivirus + Internet Security + Total Security - July 16, 2019
- Download QuickBooks Desktop Offline Installers [All Versions] - July 16, 2019
- Download Avast 2019 Free Antivirus + Internet Security + Premier) - July 16, 2019