Microsoft has released .Net Framework 4.7.1. You may find the links for the offline installers for all languages at the end of the article. You don’t have to find .Net Framework 4.7.1 in any other language, just get any offline installer for your preferred language from here.
Update: .NET Framework 4.7.2 has been released. You may download the latest .NET Framework 4.7.2 from here.
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.1 released with some significant changes and improvements. Support for targeting the .NET Framework 4.7.1 in Visual Studio 2017 15.5 has been added.
If you have upgraded your Windows to Windows 10 Version 1709, then you don’t need to update .Net Framework 4.7.1, as it comes pre-installed with Version 1709.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, and 4.7. The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity.
- Accessibility improvements in narration, high contrast and focus control areas
- The .NET Framework has support for .NET Standard 2.0 and compiler features
- More secure SHA-2 support in ASP.NET and System.Messaging in .Net Framework 4.7.1.
- Configuration builders have been added in this update.
- The ASP.NET Execution step feature has introduced.
- ASP.NET HttpCookie parsing.
- Enhancements in Visual Tree for WPF applications.
- Performance and reliability improvements have been made.
The supported OS of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.1 is supported on following Microsoft Windows and Server versions.
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Windows 10 Creators Update
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
.NET Framework 4.7.1 Download
- Go to this Microsoft download page.
- Select your language from the dropdown.
- Press the Download button. This should start the download immediately.
Please note that once you select a language, all the text on the download pages will be converted to that specific language.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 4.5 GB of available hard-disk space (x86)
- 4.5 GB of available hard-disk space (x64)
Please tell us about your experience with .NET Framework 4.7.1 installation in the comments below.