Visual C++ Redistributable is required by programs and games created in Microsoft Visual Studio (VC++ IDE). Visual C++ redistributables work as common system DLLs (Dynamic Link Libraries) and can be called by any program.
If you are in a hurry and want to install the latest Visual C++ runtimes, you can go directly to the latest download links here.
- 1 What is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable?
- 2 When you need Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- 3 Download Visual C++ Redistributables
- 3.1 The Latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
- 3.2 Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable
- 3.3 Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable
- 3.4 Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- 3.5 Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
- 3.6 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable
- 3.7 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
- 3.8 Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- 3.9 Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
- 4 All in One Visual C++ Installers
- 5 Features
- 6 Installation
- 7 Uninstall the Visual C++ packages
- 8 Can’t install Visual C++ Redistributable?
What is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable?
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is a runtime library for running applications that Microsoft developers develop in Visual C++ language (Using the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment).
There are many Microsoft Redistributable packages installed on your system. You can view them by going to the Control Panel/Programs/Apps and Features. And in the list of installed programs, you will see that there is more than one package of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
When you create certain Apps or Programs using Visual C++, the Redistributable packages are installed automatically. Some developers pre-package the runtime libraries inside their software setups. Or you can download them manually. I am providing you with the Links to download the Redistributable packages.
If you are using the same version of Microsoft Visual C++ to create multiple apps, then all the apps created with the same version of Microsoft Visual C++ needs one Redistributable package for all.
When you need Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If you have any software or program that needs the Visual C++ Redistributable, then you need them otherwise, there isn’t any use of the Microsoft VC++ Redistributable.
These packages are not so heavy on your System Resources, so the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable won’t take much space on your System.
Download Visual C++ Redistributables
The Latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
If you are looking to install the latest Visual C++ redistributables, the following updates are the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019.
For 32-bit Systems: vc_redist.x86.exe
For 64-bit Systems: vc_redist.x64.exe
For ARM64 Systems: vc_redist.arm64.exe
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable
Applications created with Visual Studio 2019 (Version 16.0) require this redistributable library to be installed in the system. If you have Visual Studio 2019 installed on your system, the runtime library is also installed to run the programs.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable
Applications created with Visual Studio 2017 (Version 15.0) require C++ runtime 2017. If you have an application that is giving an error about MSVCR150.dll or MSVCP150.dll missing, you should install this version of Visual C++ 2017 redistributable.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
Applications created with Visual Studio 2015 (Version 14.0) require C++ runtime 2015. If you have an application that is giving an error about MSVCR140.dll or MSVCP140.dll missing, you should install this version of Visual C++ 2015 redistributable.
Download Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 in all languages [32-bit + 64-bit]
Download Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 Update 3 full installer [32-bit + 64-bit]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
Applications created with Visual Studio 2013 (Version 12.0) require C++ 2013 runtime. If you have an application that is giving an error about MSVCR120.dll or MSVCP120.dll missing, you should install this version of Visual C++ 2013 redistributable.
Download Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 in all languages [32-bit +64-bit]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable
Applications created with Visual Studio 2012 (Version 11.0) require C++ runtime 2012. If you have an application that is giving an error about MSVCR110.dll or MSVCP110.dll missing, you should install this version of Visual C++ 2012 redistributable.
Download Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Update 5 in all languages [32-bit + 64-bit] (Requires signing in with your Microsoft account)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
Applications created with Visual Studio 2010 (Version 10.0) require C++ runtime 2010. If you have an application that is giving an error about MSVCR100.dll or MSVCP100.dll missing, you should install this version of Visual C++ 2010 redistributable.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
Applications created with Visual Studio 2008 (Version 9.0) require C++ runtime 2008. If you have an application that is giving an error about MSVCR90.dll or MSVCP90.dll missing, you should install this version of Visual C++ 2008 redistributable.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
All in One Visual C++ Installers
If you are not comfortable to install Visual C++ redistributables one by one and want to install all of them, you should try out all in one Visual C++ installers. Here we list the best ones:
Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One
Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One comes as a zip file with all versions of VC++ included and a simple batch file. Download it from the link below, unzip to a folder and run install_all.bat. This will install all the redistributables from version 2005 to 2019.
Visual C++ Runtime Installer (All-In-One) v56
Visual C++ Runtime Installer (All-In-One) is a single executable that includes all Visual C++ libraries built-in.
RuntimePack solves the problem of figuring out which Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package you need as well as numerous DLL and OCX files that might be missing or not properly registered, causing Windows errors.
RuntimePack is a single executable that will install all the VC++ runtimes on your computer.
- The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable expands the features of your System related to multimedia.
- It helps you to install the components automatically which are required by many Apps, Games, and Programs to run.
- And the Apps which are written in C++ language, the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable helps them to work and run properly.
- Each Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package isn’t more than 20 MB in size.
Download and install any Visual C++ redistributable runtime library package that is easy. It’s like downloading the setup from below given the direct download links and then running the installer. Every installation step is self-explanatory. You can have multiple redistributable runtime packages installed on your computer.
- Select your architecture and download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from the links below.
- Then open its Installer. The window will open and ask you to accept the terms and then click on the Install button.
- It will take 4-5 seconds to install into your System.
- After installation completes, a window will appear that tells you that you have successfully installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on your System.
You can also install Visual C++ redistributable in silent mode. The installer comes with a /q switch that can be used to run the VC++ installer in silent mode.
There are two ways to run the installer with /q switch. One is to create a shortcut of the downloaded setup file and append /q /norestart at the end of the target field in shortcut properties.
The second way is to run the installer from the command-line. Here is an example of how I ran the installer in quiet mode:
C:\Users\Usman\Downloads\vc_redist.x64.exe /q /norestart
Uninstall the Visual C++ packages
The Uninstallation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages is the same as you do with any other program. You can uninstall the packages from Programs and Features. To uninstall the package, follow the steps below:
- Open Apps and Features (Windows key + X + F) [Programs and Features in Windows 7]
- Search for Visual C++
- Select the installed program you want to uninstall
- Press the Uninstall button.
You may want to ask is it OK to uninstall any Visual C++ package? My answer is simple; uninstall it if it is necessary. Otherwise, leave it as multiple versions do not take up a lot of disk space and only provide additional functionality when needed.
Can’t install Visual C++ Redistributable?
If you get the following error while running vc_redist.x64.exe or vc_redist.x86.exe, it means that you already have an installation of VC++ pending on your computer. Please remove the current installation to proceed with the new install.
Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Setup Failed 0x80070666
To get past this error, follow the instructions below:
- Download Visual C++ redistributable again.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Change the directory to the one which has vc_redist.x64.exe file. For example, I downloaded it in my Downloads folder.
- Then, run the uninstaller:
Has this article answered all the questions you have about Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables? Now is it easy to download packages from one place? We would love to know your thoughts in the comments below :-)
- How To Fix Microsoft Visual C++ DLL Files Missing
- All In One Runtimes: Install All Required Runtimes At Once In Windows 10
- .NET Framework All Versions Offline Installers Direct Download Links
- Download And Install .NET Framework 5 (Offline Installers)
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Offline Installer