Since this is a Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) release, it has been pre-tested and certified that it is compatible with Windows 11 and other Microsoft operating systems.
Although the driver is free to download, it can only be used with compatible hardware. If your hardware is supported, we suggest you update your driver to gain the best experience.
Table of contents
- Driver version: 516.93 – WHQL
- Driver size: 785.79 MB
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11, Windows 10 x64
- Available languages: English
- Release Date: 26th July, 2022
Fixes and Improvements
Let us see what improvements have been introduced with this driver:
- Performance improvements have been made in Red Dead Redemption 2 when using DLSS.
- The issue of the screen freezing in Overwatch when starting a match has been fixed.
- The problem of Dungeons 3 crashing at launch has been fixed.
- The random game freezing in Destiny 2 after game launch or during gameplay has been fixed.
- Game stability in Apex Legends has been improved.
- Game stability while playing Halo Infinite has been improved.
With these improvements, there are still a few issues that need to be addressed.
- On the RTX 30 series GPUs, the monitor may not wake up from sleep mode when the GPU is also connected to an HDMI 2.1 TV and the TV is powered off.
- Turning HDR on and off in-game causes stability issues when using a non-native resolution.
- Videos played in Microsoft Edge may appear green when NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled when waking from sleep or when booting with Fastboot.
- Shadowplay footage may appear overexposed when HDR is enabled in Windows display settings on a device having DirectX 12.
- The monitor may flicker briefly when waking from sleep mode when DSR/DLDSR is enabled.
- Light sources display blinking black boxes in Prepar3D.
- On the MSI GE66 Raider 10UG or MSI GE76 Raider 10UH devices, the Windows brightness control does not work when the notebook is in dedicated GPU mode.
For more information on the 516.93 WHQL driver, read the release notes.
Download and Install NVIDIA GeForce 516.93 WHQL Driver
Follow the given steps to download and install this driver:
Navigate to the NVIDIA download page and click Download.
On the next page, click Download again.
Your download will then begin immediately. Once completed, run the file to open the installation wizard.
The driver will then begin extraction. Once done, the installation wizard will launch automatically. It will initially scan your system to see if it meets the minimum requirements and to detect the graphics card. On the next screen, select whether you want to install the driver only, or also opt for the GeForce Experience. Select the associated radio button, then click Agree and continue.
To confirm that the latest NVIDIA driver has been installed on your device, head to the Programs and Features page in the Control Panel by typing in appwiz.cpl in the Run Command box, and then look for the NVIDIA Graphics Driver. You should be able to see the driver version next to it.
How to Uninstall NVIDIA Drivers
If for some reason you wish to uninstall the graphics driver, here is how to do so:
- Open the Apps and Features page within the Settings app.
- Select NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.
- Press the Uninstall button to start the uninstallation process.
- Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the Uninstall.
You can also completely remove old drivers that are no longer in use.
How to Rollback/Downgrade NVIDIA Drivers
If you have not removed the old NVIDIA drivers manually and want to downgrade or roll back to the older version of the driver, you can easily do it using the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below to rollback NVIDIA drivers:
- Open the Device Manager by typing in devmgmt.msc in the Run Command box.
- Right-click the NVIDIA driver by expanding Display Adapters and click Properties from the context menu.
- Under the Driver tab, click the “Roll Back Driver” button.
Please note that if there is no old driver available in the Windows cache, the Roll Back Driver button will be greyed out.
- Download NVIDIA GeForce 511.17 WHQL Driver for 12GB GeForce RTX 3080
- Download the Latest NVIDIA GeForce and Studio WHQL Driver for Windows 11
- Download Latest Nvidia Drivers To Keep Your System Up To Date
- Fix NVIDIA Control Panel is not compatible with installed NVIDIA Driver In Windows 10
- Download Intel DCH Graphics Driver 220.127.116.1109 With Additional Supported Games